I just want a BED I CAN SLEEP IN! NOT A SEX BED!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4002 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Okay, I got my house today, a pretty Japanese style house which I set about furnishing with Japanese decor, and when I wanted to put my avatar to bed, this bed I got was a sex bed, that I could not do anything at all with, because the HUD didn't work for some reason, and I could not even sit on it, I ended up sitting up in the air over it.

I got so frustrated with it I just returned it, and I don't know if I get my money back or not, but I'm glad that monster is gone! Then I went and bought another bed, and it was the very same deal! Another sex bed! I DON'T WANT A SEX BED!!!!!

I'd also like a bed I can sit on without falling through it! This is just ridiculous!

I just want a bed I can put my avi to bed in, and have her be there in the morning. One that has covers that I can pull up would be great. What is it about SL that everything has to be about sex? I'm really really getting sick of that!!!!

So does anyone know where I can get a Japanese style bed that's NOT A SEX BED?

MartinaVaslovik wrote:

Okay, I got my house today, a pretty Japanese style house which I set about furnishing with Japanese decor, and when I wanted to put my avatar to bed, this bed I got was a sex bed, that I could not do anything at all with, because the HUD didn't work for some reason, and I could not even sit on it, I ended up sitting up in the air over it.

I got so frustrated with it I just returned it, and I don't know if I get my money back or not, but I'm glad that monster is gone! Then I went and bought another bed, and it was the very same deal! Another sex bed!
I DON'T WANT A SEX BED!!!!!

I'd also like a bed I can sit on without falling through it! This is just ridiculous!

I just want a bed I can put my avi to bed in, and have her be there in the morning. One that has covers that I can pull up would be great. What is it about SL that everything has to be about sex?
I'm really really getting sick of that!!!!

So does anyone know where I can get a Japanese style bed that's NOT A SEX BED?

is it a linden home? Sometimes they wont allow some things to work.

have you tried FALLN, has some nice japanese futon bed and they are in the general filter of marketplace, but I dont know,

the problem with bed with no engine is the animations and the look is horrid, you can always settle for a cuddle bed, that will have single pose animations too

Hello!!!  Please check out BELLAROSE FURNITURE.. Her beds are simply AMAZING, and she does customs!  The sleep poses in her beds are fabulous, the covers actually ruffle as if your avi is under them as well as a teddy bear rez with certain single sleep poses.  :) 

The beds also have 100 other great poses..  Eating in bed, reading, writing, snacks...  Mind you the appropriate food/ prop rezs with the pose!  Check her out ;)

Search the web marketplace with General  "G" selected as your maturity rating. There are many G rated beds in different styles.

A separate problem is that some furnature sit functions don't work inside the bounding box of a mesh or sculpty. This can be a problem for mesh houses, and for entire sims if they have a giant sim surround. Properly constructed furnature does not have this problem. I do not know any way to tell if furniture is "properly constructed" without actually testing it inside for example a mesh house.

For a similar situation I found that this one worked out pretty well. There is a copy on display inworld so you can try it and see if it fits your needs. The beds you'll want to check out are near the blue living room set; the ones on the other wall near the yellow boxes are the adult versions.

This is really a western style bed, but it does have some wood and fabric options that might fit in with your house. This version of the bed doesn't have pose balls or anything, it puts you in a sleep pose and covers you in a blanket when you sit on it.

I have a bed from LAQ, well all of my furniture is from LAQ actually. Its a single/couple type of bed, if you sit on it you will be automatically lying down (nothing sexual). It has sit animations as well so you can sit in all different places on the bed if you wanted to. And sleeping/napping poses as well.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/LAQ-Decor-Bed-Set-Adult-Multi-Color-Pack/4120750

This is the adult version, with both adult poses and normal poses, i bought this version because sex animations make me laugh.

And the PG version.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/LAQ-Decor-Bed-Set-PG-Multi-Color-Pack/4122878

A bit oldfashioned looking, but it has just what you want. https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Loks-Japanese-Futon/185946

NB: I second what the others say, you will not lie under the blanket when you log in, but stand on top of the bed.

Cuddle/Sex beds can work, just try to demo them inworld and look in the menu for "Single", "Sleep" and "Solo". Usually you can find these options.  

You can find the most pretty beds that are adult and on sale for a low promo price, nothing says you have to use the sex poses.

I just want to add that some things are built with sculpies. The actual prim is much larger than the sculpt so if you didn't activate the menu and sit on a ball but rather just clicked the bed, then yes, you would probably be floating in the air above it, because the actual prim that you don't see is a round globe much larger than the bed.

But as has been pointed out, there are  beds where you can click-lay and may or may not have additional menus. A friend of mine made one and had it on MP for a while very cheap but I've not seen her in some time and forget the name of it

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4002 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.