Troobles!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4027 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

LOL!

I'm coming out with a new breedable. It's called Primmy. 

The ultra rare ones have a different hue, but they all have the same handy, cube shape and plywood base. They are even stackable! And they don't need food.

Oh wait....food is where you make the money...umm...they eat sawdust. Only 2600 L per bowl.

i wont be that hard against the creator, they seem low lag, the texturing is cute, they have some script to play with them, and the guard mode adds them more value, and even more value considering the fact that the acquirer lose nothing in exchange of having nice pets and a security system in one.

i thank the creator for donating his work in benefit of the community.

roasted troble_001.jpg

Canoro Philipp wrote:

i wont be that hard against the creator, they seem low lag, the texturing is cute, they have some script to play with them, and the guard mode adds them more value, and even more value considering the fact that the acquirer lose nothing in exchange of having nice pets and a security system in one.

i thank the creator for donating his work in benefit of the community.

I didn't read any where (I may have missed it) that this was "donated."

There is already an update from version 4.2 to 4.4  You receive an "updater" when you get your initial purchase.  Rez it to get the update.  The critter is delivered via Direct Delivery.  Why didn't they put the update in the Delivery System to begin with?

I couldn't get the security to work.  All it did was spam my friend with a message "you don't belong here, sending you home"  over and over again.  It then occurred to me that most security systems used on group owned land need deeding to group.  I do not know why but I was unable to deed to group.

So while I lose nothing, Linden Lab loses with a scripted critter they say on Amazon is worth 9.95 U.S. that at the moment doesn't perform as advertised.

OH, and roasting that baby may not have been a good idea. 

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

Perrie Juran wrote:

I couldn't get the security to work.  All it did was spam my friend with a message "you don't belong here, sending you home"  over and over again.  It then occurred to me that most security systems used on group owned land need deeding to group.  I do not know why but I was unable to deed to group.

I have group owned land too and couldn't get the security to work either.  Regarding the spam message, I got that too but then could fix it.  At first I typed the name in all lowercase with a dot between first and last names.  That spammed my alt.  Then I changed it to first name, space, last name with proper capitalization and that stopped the spam.  It still doesn't actually send anyone home though.  I was able to share with the group but, like you, not able to deed it.

It doesn't seem like a serious attempt at security anyway.  Putting white list names in the object's description field (limited to 127 characters) doesn't seem ideal to me.  It only works for a 2 meter radius and there's no way to set a warning or delay.

What I'm curious about is what does "follow" do?  The only thing I see it doing is turning on/off the physical property.  Is it supposed to actually follow people around?

Hugsy Penguin wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

I have group owned land too and couldn't get the security to work either.  Regarding the spam message, I got that too but then could fix it.  At first I typed the name in all lowercase with a dot between first and last names.  That spammed my alt.  Then I changed it to first name, space, last name with proper capitalization and that stopped the spam.  It still doesn't actually send anyone home though.  I was able to share with the group but, like you, not able to deed it.

It doesn't seem like a serious attempt at security anyway.  Putting white list names in the object's description field (limited to 127 characters) doesn't seem ideal to me.  It only works for a 2 meter radius and there's no way to set a warning or delay.

What I'm curious about is what does "follow" do?  The only thing I see it doing is turning on/off the physical property.  Is it supposed to actually follow people around?

So as far as name recognition its using a defunct LSL function?  There is an updated name function that is not case sensitive.  I didn't try adding a name cause I was trying to get the eject to work.  And the 127 charchter limit is not the smartest thing.

And I got no response from the follow command either.

I hate to be picking this thing apart, but really now.  Did any one at LL go for a test ride?

It reflects badly on the Lab.

More Roasted Trooble anyone?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4027 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.