Sign in to follow this  
ScorpiusLurcott

Need some help with roleplaying. (WIll pay you a few lindens for help :3)

Hello, I'm joining a roleplay sim and in the application there are some things I'm not sure of and would appreciate some help. I'll pay you 13 lindens if you help me. Nothing much but I would appreciate the help!

Firstly, I know how to roleplay like (/me I open my locker taking out my books for my next class.

But the application says 'Please explain the difference between IC and OOC, and how to let someone know when you are speaking OOC' 

I know the difference, IC is in charecter. OOC is out of charecter. But I don't know how to show how I am in OOC. Help with that would be great!

The next bit is i need to respond to the following scenario. As a bit of help it would be nice if you could do one for me just as a guide line! Again thanks so much! :D

,·✴ Please respond to the following scenarios below, as if you were role-playing in local, emoting or narrating as you deem necessary.

1.) You are in the middle of taking a test that you studied hard for, when you notice the boy sitting next to you leaning over and copying your answers.

Chow

ScorpiusLurcott wrote:

Hello, I'm joining a roleplay sim and in the application there are some things I'm not sure of and would appreciate some help. I'll pay you 13 lindens if you help me. Nothing much but I would appreciate the help!

Firstly, I know how to roleplay like (/me I open my locker taking out my books for my next class.

But the application says 'Please explain the difference between IC and OOC, and how to let someone know when you are speaking OOC' 

I know the difference, IC is in charecter. OOC is out of charecter. But I don't know how to show how I am in OOC. Help with that would be great!

The next bit is i need to respond to the following scenario. As a bit of help it would be nice if you could do one for me just as a guide line! Again thanks so much!
:D

,·✴ Please respond to the following scenarios below, as if you were role-playing in local, emoting or narrating as you deem necessary.

1.) You are in the middle of taking a test that you studied hard for, when you notice the boy sitting next to you leaning over and copying your answers.

Chow

YYou are right about IC and OOC. The way to show OOC is to put parenthesis around the statement..for example

(I love what you're doing to my character right now)

Some people use double (()) to show it as well.

I am reluctant to give you the answer to your senerio. Is this to get into some kind of RP group? If I give you the answers, you won't know how to do it later...:matte-motes-sunglasses-3:

My suggestion is to pretend this is happening to you. Remember back (if it's not too far) to your school days. What would you do if someone was cheating off you? RP that with lots of emotion and some interaction. See how you do.

Good luck

Janelle Darkstone wrote:

/me tackles Tex from behind, pins him down and shoves her hands in his pockets, finding the thirteen lindens, grabs them in her fist and runs off cackling.

and THAT, my friends, is what comes from helping someone cheat on a test.....

:matte-motes-sunglasses-3:

ScorpiusLurcott wrote:

I usually don't offer to help for any less than 14 lindens :matte-motes-big-grin-wink:, but, since I like you...

This...

ScorpiusLurcott wrote:

/me I open my locker taking out my books for my next class.

...should be written in third person, like this - /me opens his locker and takes out the books for his next class - which would end up reading - ScorpiusLurcott opens his locker and takes out the books for his next class - once it's entered into chat, as if you're describing what you're doing rather than just stating what you're doing.

...Dres

If you do not understand what an application is asking, contact the Administrator or, one of the Moderators of the RP for assistance. Applications in RP sims are to assist the Admins  evaluate your RP skills, your character creation skills, and in general where you may fit into any ongoing RP.  Plagurizing  the work of others...regardless if it was given to you freely or paid for....does not show what you are capable of RP wise.

According to the information you posted, it sounds like you do not have the foggiest idea how to role play and interact with other role players.   If you need someone to write the scenario for you,  you need to go brush up on your creative writing skills  If you are accepted into the sim, you may not last very long.  Other players will complain or, will avoid you if you cannot hold your own in role play.

I am afraid the amount you are offering is like 13 cents in US currency.  Definately not worth my time. Do your own work dude. Stop being a lazy tard.

You say you know how to roleplay, but in fact it sounds more like you have never done it before. Roleplay is more than just knowing the technical side of how to write an emote.*

*(Oh, and yours is not really right...using /me puts your avatars name in front of what you write, because an emote is descriping an action from a third person view. Writing /me I.... is a first person description which is only found in books with where the hero of the story is also the storyteller or in bad cybersex in online chat room. Just my point of view)

But if you still believe you know how to roleplay and everything...where is the problem in briefly describing the difference between OOC and IC? (By the way, just explaining what the shortcuts mean doesn't answer the question).

For your second question: There is no guide or rule on how to write a scenario. Its like asking someone for a guide on how to paint a briliant picture. Nobody can tell from scratch what would be a briliant picture. Its a test on your creative writing skills, so you better do it yourself. Just use your own style.

Cheating on the applycation will only result in pushing your risk higher to end up with a bunch of roleplayer with more experiance than you, who at the same time have wrong expections about you. Needing creativity won't stop after filling out the notecard.

Janelle Darkstone wrote:

/me tackles Tex from behind, pins him down and shoves her hands in his pockets, finding the thirteen lindens, grabs them in her fist and runs off cackling.

/me trips Janelle as she sprints by, snagging the 13 linden bucks from her hand as she sprawls on the floor the Zombie ex-president  (played by Sir Sean Connery) shuffles off to get a skin graft.

Dresden Ceriano wrote:

You mean to tell me that I wasted my money on that Roleplay By Numbers kit?

...Dres

You could still use it as a paperweight or for decoration and other usefull things.

And thats why roleplaying sims are so boring unless they do a bit of slex in between /me and /you  and 3rd persons, and omg that sounds really tiring passtime

RP sims are just not for you. Finding creativity boring says enough about you...

Let others do their Roleplay without judgeing and nobody will judge your experiment to mix Barbie, Paris Hilton and something I can't say here.... :catvery-happy:

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

Janelle Darkstone wrote:

/me trips Janelle as she sprints by, snagging the 13 linden bucks from her hand as she sprawls on the floor the Zombie ex-president  (played by Sir Sean Connery) shuffles off to get a skin graft.

/me groans "Not again..." and picks up his baseball bat, running after Sir Sean and hitting him repeatedly over the head "...That's the third time this week" looking quickly I sprint after Drake1 throwing the blood splattered bat after him like a boomerang. It strikes with perfect aim, knocking his feet out from under him, the 13 lindens tinkling on the floor like so many popped off beer bottle caps.

(( Single Lindens are coin are they not according to the various graphics? ))

"And that is how you snag the generous reward from the new roleplayer" I giggle as I walk up to the local orphan donation box and slip the coins inside.

Sean Heying wrote:

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

Janelle Darkstone wrote:

/me groans "Not again..." and picks up his baseball bat, running after Sir Sean and hitting him repeatedly over the head "...That's the third time this week" looking quickly I sprint after Drake1 throwing the blood splattered bat after him like a boomerang. It strikes with perfect aim, knocking his feet out from under him, the 13 lindens tinkling on the floor like so many popped off beer bottle caps.

"And that is how you snag the generous reward from the new roleplayer" I giggle as I walk up to the local orphan donation box and slip the coins inside.

/me presses herself against the inside of the orphange front door, snickering gleefully as the coins (coins?) enter the slot, slide down the chute and into her waiting hands.  Slipping the handful of lindens into her handbag (next to the orphanage-breaking-into-lockpicking-tools) she looks around furtively and squeezes out from her hiding place behind the door, tearing a small hole in her jeans and once more escapes into the shadows.

Janelle Darkstone wrote:

/me presses herself against the inside of the orphange front door, snickering gleefully as the coins (coins?) enter the slot, slide down the chute and into her waiting hands.  Slipping the handful of lindens into her handbag (next to the orphanage-breaking-into-lockpicking-tools) she looks around furtively and squeezes out from her hiding place behind the door, tearing a small hole in her jeans and once more escapes into the shadows.

*Watches slowly as Janelle slips out from her hiding place, the coins rattling quietly in her handbag. He has a suspicion as to where she's going, so he follows quietly as she escapes through the morning light. Her journey ends at a marina where she boards a small boat sitting alone in the still waters. She walks quietly to a room and begins to count the ill-gotten gains in the low light. He walks up the gangplank, heading towards the room and quickly throws open the door, surprising the poor girl*

Those I believe, (he says, holding out his hand) belong to me.....

Sean Heying wrote:

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

Janelle Darkstone wrote:

/me gets slowly to his feet, brushing himself off and looking around for the bat thrower. Spying them in front of the local orphanage he slowly brings his M-60 out from behind him. Spitting blood from his mouth he cries out (in a perfect imitation of Mr Bobby DiNero Mr Al Pachino) "Knock me down, will choo? Say hello to mah little frien!!"as he pulls the trigger and laughs like a madman, spraying bullets across the front of the orphanage (which is in actuality the front for the local thieves den).

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

/me gets slowly to his feet, brushing himself off and looking around for the bat thrower. Spying them in front of the local orphanage he slowly brings his M-60 out from behind him. Spitting blood from his mouth he cries out (in a perfect imitation of Mr Bobby DiNero) "Knock me down, will choo? Say hello to mah little frien!!"as he pulls the trigger and laughs like a madman, spraying bullets across the front of the orphanage (which is in actuality the front for the local thieves den).

OK..three things...

First: wasn't that Pacino that said that and not DeNiro?
Corrected....thanks...

Second:  LOVE the new forum badge...VERY COOL

Third:  I wonder if the OP has learned anything from this ridiculous exchange.....:matte-motes-sunglasses-3:

Tex Monday wrote:

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

/me gets slowly to his feet, brushing himself off and looking around for the bat thrower. Spying them in front of the local orphanage he slowly brings his M-60 out from behind him. Spitting blood from his mouth he cries out (in a perfect imitation of Mr Bobby DiNero) "Knock me down, will choo? Say hello to mah little frien!!"as he pulls the trigger and laughs like a madman, spraying bullets across the front of the orphanage (which is in actuality the front for the local thieves den).

OK..three things...

First: wasn't that Pacino that said that and not DeNiro?

Second:  LOVE the new forum badge...VERY COOL

Third:  I wonder if the OP has learned anything from this ridiculous exchange.....:matte-motes-sunglasses-3:

1. /me swings the machine gun to face you shouting way too loudly "Choo wan some of dis?"

2. thank you!!! :matte-motes-big-grin:

3. Dear gods i certainly hope so..

BTW..*cocks the gun*  hand over the bucks..

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

1. /me swings the machine gun to face you shouting way too loudly "Choo wan some of dis?"

2. thank you!!! :matte-motes-big-grin:

3. Dear gods i certainly hope so..

BTW..*cocks the gun*  hand over the bucks..

/me looks back at you...

You talkin' to me? YOU talkin' to me???:matte-motes-sunglasses-3:

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

/me gets slowly to his feet, brushing himself off and looking around for the bat thrower. Spying them in front of the local orphanage he slowly brings his M-60 out from behind him. Spitting blood from his mouth he cries out (in a perfect imitation of
Mr Bobby DiNero
Mr Al Pachino) "Knock me down, will choo? Say hello to mah little frien!!"as he pulls the trigger and laughs like a madman, spraying bullets across the front of the orphanage (which is in actuality the front for the local thieves den).

*standing in the doorway, watching Janelle staring back at me. We both stop...hearing a strange noise coming from outside the boat. She stands slowly, listening. The door behind Tex opens and the Zombie Sean Connery walks through the door holding his M60, pointing the gun at both of them.....*

(There...that ties everything together nicely...)

Tex Monday wrote:

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

/me gets slowly to his feet, brushing himself off and looking around for the bat thrower. Spying them in front of the local orphanage he slowly brings his M-60 out from behind him. Spitting blood from his mouth he cries out (in a perfect imitation of
Mr Bobby DiNero
Mr Al Pachino) "Knock me down, will choo? Say hello to mah little frien!!"as he pulls the trigger and laughs like a madman, spraying bullets across the front of the orphanage (which is in actuality the front for the local thieves den).

*standing in the doorway, watching Janelle staring back at me. We both stop...hearing a strange noise coming from outside the boat. She stands slowly, listening. The door behind Tex opens and the Zombie Sean Connery walks through the door holding his M60, pointing the gun at both of them.....*

(There...that ties everything together nicely...)

/me takes the empty steel cigarette whiskey flask out of his suit packet and looks at the dents from the few bullets that were aimed at me during the careless spray. "Darn, that was my dads" Seeing the badly beaten Zombie shuffle off towards the marina I follow it slowly, careful not to make a noise as it boards the boat moaning "Brains.... Brains" his M60 pointed at the two people already on board. I watch in amusement as he looks from side to side at each of you, repeating "Brains?" 

The zombie sighs and starts to turn towards me. Before he can see I slip over the edge of the boat and hide by the side watching the zombie drop the M60 at the stern and shuffle off back to the now razed and smouldering ruin of the orphanage, that spray of bullets having ignited the gasoline tank of the Nun's car ((is that metagaming))

/me climbs back into the boat, now zombie safe and picks up the M60, brandishing it at you both "Those Linden would be mine I believe"

Sean Heying wrote:

/me takes the empty steel
cigarette
whiskey flask out of his suit packet and looks at the dents from the few bullets that were aimed at me during the careless spray. "Darn, that was my dads" Seeing the badly beaten Zombie shuffle off towards the marina I follow it slowly, careful not to make a noise as it boards the boat moaning "Brains.... Brains" his M60 pointed at the two people already on board. I watch in amusement as he looks from side to side at each of you, repeating "Brains?" 

The zombie sighs and starts to turn towards me. Before he can see I slip over the edge of the boat and hide by the side watching the zombie drop the M60 at the stern and shuffle off back to the now razed and smouldering ruin of the orphanage, that spray of bullets having ignited the gasoline tank of the Nun's car ((is that metagaming))

/me climbs back into the boat, now zombie safe and picks up the M60, brandishing it at you both "Those Linden would be mine I believe"

/me grips the jaw of the man with the machine gun and crunches through the back of his skull with his bloody jaws. Watching the gun drop from his lifless hands he tears off the top of his head and savors the warm brains inside. Looking up from his feast he glares at the pair within the boat, bloody gobbets of meat hanging from his mouth. Latching a hand on the leg of the body he drags it to a quiet area to feast.

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

Sean Heying wrote:

cigarette
whiskey flask out of his suit packet and looks at the dents from the few bullets that were aimed at me during the careless spray. "Darn, that was my dads" Seeing the badly beaten Zombie shuffle off towards the marina I follow it slowly, careful not to make a noise as it boards the boat moaning "Brains.... Brains" his M60 pointed at the two people already on board. I watch in amusement as he looks from side to side at each of you, repeating "Brains?" 

/me grips the jaw of the man with the machine gun and crunches through the back of his skull with his bloody jaws. Watching the gun drop from his lifless hands he tears off the top of his head and savors the warm brains inside. Looking up from his feast he glares at the pair within the boat, bloody gobbets of meat hanging from his mouth. Latching a hand on the leg of the body he drags it to a quiet area to feast.

O_O ((appeals to the GM but loses, grumbling to sit out the thread. If you take me I take you!))

Now completely lifeless as the zombie drags my dead, half headed carcass away my belt, with attached grenade catches on a small twig, the pin pulling out easily. A few seconds later the two on the boat hear a very loud explosion and various pieces of dead zombie flesh and victim rain down on them like a whale exploded on the beach.

A single linden falls by their feet, the rest scattered into the deep shark infested water.

Sean Heying wrote:

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

Sean Heying wrote:

cigarette

O_O ((appeals to the GM but loses, grumbling to sit out the thread. If you take me I take you!))

Now completely lifeless as the zombie drags my dead, half headed carcass away my belt, with attached grenade catches on a small twig, the pin pulling out easily. A few seconds later the two on the boat hear a very loud explosion and various pieces of dead zombie flesh and victim rain down on them like a whale exploded on the beach.

A single linden falls by their feet, the rest scattered into the deep shark infested water.

/me falls to her knees amid the scattered zombie parts, reaching down with a closed hand.  She grasps, lifts up her hand a bit, turns it upright and opens it slowly.  Close up camera shot; a single linden dollar coin in the palm of her hand: cue sad, lamenting music.

"I.... I never wanted any of this to happen....!  My... my friends!  I.... why?  WHY??!  Was all of this violence worth it?  When will we learn to look beyond our petty differences and insatiable greed?!  I mean... CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG????"  She nudges aside a small bit of zombie flesh, finds a shiny piece of M60 part and flicks it away, disappointedly.  She stands to her feet, silhouetted by the flames of the orphanage/thieves' den distant, her eyes watery and soulful.

Turning, she opens a locker on the boat's deck.  With tears in her eyes, he reaches in and grabs a pair of swim fins.  "I....I will never forget you... I .. I am honored to have known you."  *pulls out a diving mask*  "....my friend, president Sean Connery zombie..."  *snorkel*  "and Sean... oh, Sean...."  her voice trails off.

She looks over her shoulder and sees Tex staring at her.  They share a moment, eyes locked, cue mournful, tear-jerking music.  And not a moment later she turns back to the bay, lowering her mask and putting the snorkel thingy in her mouth, jumps off and swims straight down into the murky shark-infested water, her own tears mixing with the salty sea.

Cut to the bottom of the sea, littered with bits of machine gun and body parts. Camera zooms on the still torso of the battered zombie president (played by Sir Sean Connery). Close up of the chest cavity and the still heart within. Pause dramatic music for 10 seconds. Heart beats slowly. Cue scary theme music. Heart beats again, slowly resuming normal heart rate as the body begins to regenerate.

Fade to black.

((And that is how you end a zombie flick!!))