512m

Miieu

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3978 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm sure this question has been asked but I've searched around long enough. I went premium and want my 512m. I know I have to pay for the land and I know it has to be on Mainland but where do I find it? Do I seriously have to wait on an auction, not even knowing what I'm getting? Do any realtors sell these parcels? If I have to go abandoned how do I find those?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Finding land to buy

The inworld Search tool enables you to browse and filter a comprehensive database of real estate listings. Simply follow these steps:

1. In the Viewer, choose World > Search.
  2. Choose Land & Rentals from the dropdown menu at the top of the Second Life Search window. You can search by keyword or leave the Search field blank.
  3. Click Search. A list of classified real estate ads appears.
  4. In the lefthand column, select For Sale.
  5. If you wish, filter your results by customizing theArea and Price fields and by indicating what kind of land you wish to buy in the Type dropdown menu. The filters update the listings automatically.
  6. Click on a listing to view more details. When you find a property that interests you, click Teleport to go explore it!
32px-KBtip.png Tip: Looking for land on the mainland near you? Select World > World Map to open the map, then select the Land for Sale checkbox. Nearby land for sale is highlighted on the map.

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Buying-land/ta-p/700043#Section_.4

Hi - I would do a search in Second Life or look here on the land forums. Also you might try to go around to areas you like and see if there are available parcels for sale. Most of mainland has parcels for sale and/or abandoned land.

To view this more easily, either pull up the map when at a sim (click the map button); the for sale locations will be marked yellow and have a $ sign on them. Or, go to view and choose 'land owners' and all parcels will turn different colors. For sale parcels will be orange.

Yes you can also visit auctions, although, sometimes those go way over price. But it can be a way to visit different parts of Second Life: it costs nothing to look.

Do you want snow land? Beach land? Ocean front? Roadside? Green land? Flat parcel? Water parcel? Look at different types to see which you prefer. If it doesn't matter to you, you can buy the cheapest and live in the sky. If you want to be on teh ground and have a nice view, look for neighbors who keep the property nice (it's no guarantee they will stay, though) and a nice parcel or pretty terrain. You will know when you see it.

Also think about land ratings: Do you want General, Moderate or Adult?

Make sure it isn't a rental, but that you can right click the GROUND and buy it, not a rental box. (Since  you say you want the 512 parcel in tier.)

Good luck and if you get stuck you can feel free to IM me here or in world. I used to enjoy land shopping. :)

I forgot to add: You can also just choose a Linden home, and you will get a house already on the land (you choose which type of house, on the website) plus you get 117 prims available. With most mainland you get 117 prims total, which would include your house or skybox. So that would be one way to go. Then you wouldn't buy the land, either; just choose a house on the website and the tier comes paid with your premium membership.

I don't remember how to find Linden houses offhand but if you want me to I can try to look around for that part of the website.

• 1 month later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3978 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.