How do you age and voice verify?

Devil Monday

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1740 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

8 answers to this question

There is no age verification process anymore.

You only can put in your age once when you create the account. And all your access or restrictions are based on this birthdate. 

In case you are not 18 yet you will have  to wait until you reach this age to have full access to adult regions or features.

On a sidenote: creating  different accounts with a different birthdate is not a good idea. Should your real age be revealed this can lead to being banned from SL permanentally.

• Like 1

Your age is based on the birthdate you gave when you registered, but you still have to set your maturity ratings in the viewer.

As for voice, there is no verification. If someone asks you to "talk" to check your age, just bark and let them decide if you are a baby poodle or an adult doberman. :D If I was you, I wouldn't have any confidence on someone asking me to do voice to verify my age. But of course this is only personal, I dont do voice at all... *shrugs* :smileyhappy:

How to change your preferences to view adult content

Even if you are 18 or older, you still need to opt in to view adult content.Log into Second Life, then follow these steps in the Viewer to set your maturity preferences:

1. Choose Me > Preferences (or Ctrl-P) and click the General tab.
  2. Choose General, Moderate, Adult from the I want to access content rated: dropdown menu.
    320px-Kb_maturity_settings.png
  3. Click OK.
Congratulations! You may now visit any publically accessible land in Second Life, regardless of its maturity rating.
32px-KBnote.png Note: If your preferences are not set to allow adult content and you attempt to enter an adult-rated parcel or region, you receive a prompt allowing you to either cancel the teleport or instantly update your access preferences to General, Moderate, Adult.

• Like 3

Age verifying is easy, and you've already done it - you just enter your correct birthdate when you sign up. If that birthdate says you're over 18, congratulations! You're "verified." If not, too bad; you'll have to wait until you are to access mature and adult content. The old age verification process is gone.

Voice verifying isn't a real thing. Generally it's done so that other people can make sure you're the gender they think you are. You can choose to voice verify, or refuse, it's entirely up to you. The thing with that, though, is that it doesn't go into the system or anything that you voice verified your gender; you'd have to do it individually with every person in SL who wants to know. Personally, I think it's silly, but that's me.

Voice verifying for age would be even sillier. Some people sound really young but are much older; some sound very old but are actually quite young. That's not an effective way to find anything out.

.Jumps into Valerie's & Rolig's camp and response on this one.

Story, I am a "Voice Personality" DJ in SL and love to spice my sets up with my particular brand of music, commentary and music history.

One set, a person who seemed interesting on the surface "demanded" that for us to be friends in SL, I had to voice verify with him personally. Oh I voice verified. The next song break he was "Outed" for being the shallow **bleep** he is to everyone in my "Voice" range which was an entired avatar filled club. He poofed during my "Voice" rampage and we never saw him again.

So much for the nonsense of voice verifying.

Moral: I can't help it that this 60 year old grandmother comes across as a much younger voice when I DJ.

/me [jumps off my soap box]

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MadameLovelybuns said:

Don't do it. People asking you to voice verify belong on facebook, not here.

As for age, LL should be able to do that themselves as long as you have payment info.

You realize you just necroed responded to a 6 year old post?

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1740 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.