About the "FreeLindenLottery" website

Kyaraa Oh

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3217 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello,

I was wondering where I could point out that the "FreeLidenLottery" website doesn't work proprely, specificaly when you had won. (Which was my case yesterday but I wasn't able to see my request of prize be successful.)

Thanks for reading in any case.

EDIT : Ok, Thank for the information ! I was really not aware that was a fishing site. Plus it's on a wiki so I thought that was secure and they don't ask any of your acount information. Anyway I've did what you advice. Thanks !

4 answers to this question

As has been said, change your password. Now is good. 5 minutes ago is better.

Trusting ANY non-Linden website is dicey. You can trust this website (secondlife.com) and any official website you can get to using the links on this site - the marketplace, here on the forums, the Linden Exchange for buying Lindens. Anything else, DON'T. People create phishing scame - like fake lottery website where you can supposedly win money - to take over your account.

If you see a link inworld to an unofficial page like that, DON'T CLICK IT, and certainly don't enter your account information.

It's a scam. I'm today's "Winner". I did try to claim the prize. I did not get any money. Someone notified me that im the winner, otherwise I  wouldn't even have checked this site. Interesting that the website still exists, since 2011 and is still mentioned on the secondlife wiki as a way to earn lindens.

If someone wants to contact the owner of this Scam-Site: here are their Registrant details:

The domain is registered at: TUCOWS DOMAINS INC.

Registrant Name: Contact Privacy Inc. Customer 0131612581
Registrant Organization: Contact Privacy Inc. Customer 0131612581
Registrant Street: 96 Mowat Ave
Registrant City: Toronto
Registrant State/Province: ON
Registrant Postal Code: M6K 3M1
Registrant Country: CA
Registrant Phone: +1.4165385457

some statistics: 66% of this sites visitors are polish and 33% bulgarian ....

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3217 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.