Gripe of the Day

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4028 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Sometimes you're doing everything right and still things turn out wrong.

Like making coffee.  I have a simple drip coffee maker.  Everyday I make coffee.  I follow all the instructions that came with the it.  To the letter.  Still I'm having a problem.  About once a month the coffee has a slight vinegarish flavor.  It's a tiny issue but it bothers me.

That's my gripe of the day.

Qwalyphi Korpov wrote:

Like making coffee.  I have a simple drip coffee maker.  Everyday I make coffee.  I follow all the instructions that came with the it.  To the letter.  Still I'm having a problem.  About once a month the coffee has a slight vinegarish flavor.  It's a tiny issue but it bothers me.

That's why I stick to tea......:matte-motes-sunglasses-3:

For once I don't have a gripe of the day. The sun is shining, the outdoor birds are singing. The garden might even be dry enough to receive it's first cut of the year today (if I can get my arse into gear).

We have chocolate in the house, and crisps, and I think my brother will bring an apple or cherry pie in later, so there will be even less to gripe about.

I have even managed to get into world today and purchased some fabulous pyjamas which have made me feel even more cheerful. I'll share the joy with you now.

big butts.jpg

Qwalyphi Korpov wrote:

I have a simple drip coffee maker.

About once a month the coffee has a slight vinegarish flavor.

Hmm..  one of my Italian SL friend told me that those drip coffee makers don't make coffee.

He called it a soup.  That's what they make - in his opinion.

:smileysurprised:  :smileytongue:

Qwalyphi Korpov wrote:

Like making coffee.  I have
a simple drip coffee maker
  Everyday I make coffee.  I follow all the instructions that came with the it.  To the letter.  Still I'm having a problem.  About once a month the coffee has a slight vinegarish flavor.  It's a tiny issue but it bothers me.

All coffee-makers should be simple... because they often have to be operated by someone who hasn't had any coffee yet that day.

Qwalyphi Korpov wrote:

Your coffee pot reminds me of my Ex.

About once a month she would get very dificult to live with.

Kelli May wrote:

All coffee-makers should be simple... because they often have to be operated by someone who
hasn't had any coffee
yet
that day.

I got a pretty simple one

jar + teaspoon + cup + milk + 2 sugars + add hot water. done in a instant

sometimes 3 sugars but only when I deserve it. which is quite often (:

+

edit: now that I write it I think is more a cup of hot melted sugar with coffee sprinkles on it (:

Qwalyphi Korpov wrote:

I know... If only LL would lower down the land tiers we all could afford a Starbuck everyday. You see, it's Linden Labs fault!

If coffee begins to taste bad, boring, always the same stuff, then it might be good idea to try alternative methods of making a nice cup of coffee.

22 Methods To Make Coffee

.. and there might be even more methods than those twenty two.

coffee.gif
coffee-and-computer.gif

[ETA]
Hmm... upon searching I found more info of the ways to prepare coffee... :smileysurprised:  :smileytongue:  :matte-motes-big-grin:

12 Ways to Make Coffee at Home

The 7 ways to brew coffee

Six ways to brew coffee around the world

Ways of Brewing Coffee

Dillon Levenque wrote:

Woohoo, Melita! I see you got your forum badge questions answered. Nice!

That is pretty funny about the 'Melita' coffeemaker advice, but your suggestion matched what I thought was the problem. I usually brew a couple cups of plain water after cleaning just to make sure.

Thank you Dillon! :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4028 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.