Would be nice

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4033 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

If the folks at LL would take the time required to make the basic functions of the viewer code stable. It never fails with in 3 or 4 days of an supposed update I am forced to do a gender test to recover my AV from the ruth

SL was difficult enough for a new user o learn before the new chat console now it is a magnitude more difficult for them not to mention it is confusing even after watching Torleys video

This does not require flaming from others just reflecting my thoughts on the user group as I know the management turns a deaf ear here

A new feature my prim (sculpts) fingernails now have self selected a new position on my hands but when I edit them they pop back to the proper positions thus they are now another worthless item in inventory thanks LL these updates are really great

Coventina Dalgleish wrote:

This does not require flaming from others just reflecting my thoughts on the user group as I know the management turns a deaf ear here

They do, however, look at bug reports in the jira.  Have you filed a bug report there about  how the new viewer code is placing your attachments in the wrong position?

Coventina Dalgleish wrote:

SL was difficult enough for a new user o learn before the new chat console now it is a magnitude more difficult for them not to mention it is confusing even after watching Torleys video

Thank you for saying that, because it gives me a reason to mention this. The day after the CHUI viewer rollout, I happened to meet an avatar who started that day. She was completely up to speed, including with chat and IM's, and I asked her a couple of times if she had been on SL before. She said no - she said she popped in, went through one of the portals at the new Destination Islands labled "Newbie Help" and landed at what sounds like NCI, and got all the help she needed. New people are like children - they absorb new things quickly. It's older people who have trouble learning.

Thanks, Theresa.  I was wondering about that.   To my mind, regardless of whether any particular change is a good idea or not, I am not convinced by the -- admittedly intuitive -- argument that "As an experienced user, I find this change difficult, so new users must find it more so".

The new user, after all, has to learn something -- either the old UI or the new one.   Meanwhile, I'm obviously going to find it harder to learn a new UI or system rather than stick with what I'm used to.  

Well..  I have filed jira's in the past but gave up on them also as the first one I filed in 2005 (not his av for you day counters) for the default hand animations over riding user animations I do believe this has been solved this year and even a new lsl line of code to replace them...

As far as training new users I suppose that is true  of course depending on the language you speak. I looked at the new chatter box and it contains most of the logic used by the Lab in new creations at least to my mind it is very poorly implemented

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4033 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.