I forgot the password to my account, and I can't access the email linked to it, anything I can do?

Novento Ceriano

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4009 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

2 answers to this question

Well, first, don't advertise that you're logged in to someone else's account. It's not TECHNICALLY against the rules if you  have their permission, if I recall correctly, but it still raises some flags.

Second, check out this page.

It offers some good advice. Thirdly, have you tried getting the email password reset? It's easier and faster than jumping through hoops with LL.

If you can't get your email password resent, you can submit a support ticket with LL to get your password reset. They'll ask for your security question; if you can't remember the answer to your secret question, you'll have to provide RL identification, like your birth certificate and/or driver's license.

You're pretty well hosed, if you don't know the password, the email address, or the answer to your "secret question", unless you can use real world documentation to prove to Linden Lab that you are you.

After all, put yourself in LL's position.  You could be anyone, just trying to get access to that account for Evil Purposes.

Next time, write down this stuff and keep it somewhere safe!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4009 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.