Hate the new V3 Viewer update? You can fix it!

yadaw

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3908 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

If you can't stand the new 3.5.0 update that Linden Labs just released for the Second Life V3 Viewer with the new CHUI chat interface and other changes and want to use the previous 3.4.5 version:

fix.png

1. Go to your 'Me' option, then preferences options. Select the setup tab and then for the 'Software Updates' option, select 'Download and install updates manually'. This will stop your SL viewer from forcing you to update to the new CHUI interface update.

2. Uninstall the Second Life viewer on your computer

3. Go to this URL and download the previous V3 Viewer update on the blue box

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Release_Notes/Second_Life_Release/3.4.5

Now you can use the V3 viewer normally like before without the worry of adapting to the new CHUI chat interface. Your welcome!

Actually I had already put in there to do them manually, and it did it auto anyway, I was most annoyed.  At least I know how to go back if I need to, but so far I am ok with changes as so definately echo V1 and I love that.  I understand others that did not ever have V1 won't understand though.  People always find change hard, but for some of us, this update is undoing some of that past changes.

Cincia Singh wrote:

Bad advice ... you need to play with the CHUI options and learn how to modify CHUI to make it more usable and continue with auto updates because when Server Side Baking goes live using old viewers without CHIU will not be an option.

We don't know what CHUI will look like yet in the TPV's.

Hopefully after some people who actually have Second Lives get to dealing with it, the UI elements will make a lot more sense.

Which OS you use. My prtner use MAc and she also wonder empty or very slowly uploading inventory. Seems there is too much bugs now. Also told textures bad and. she also told that after download viewer again all is better, but next login problems..I use windows and for me all ok

Well... there is always an option. But, older SL Viewers will be going obsolete and unusable with the release of Server Side Appearance (Baking). 

Third party viewers will be changing their chat systems to add features now in CHUI. Firestorms was some what similar anyway. It will be interesting to see what Firestrom does. But, one can use Singularity or Cool VL Viewer and have the V1 user interface.

I am used to the new CHUI having used it in the Developement viewer for some time. But, there are still a large number of things that need to be fixed. It is way nicer for a number of uses than the pre-CHUI versions.

• 3 months later...

Today I logged like usual and got a forced update screen. I cannot use the 3.4.5 version anymore. I don't like new CHUI because you don't see sl pics in a msn-like fashion and it's really terrible to use. I don't get it, why LL feel the need to change when no one complained? I have firestorm too, but wondered if someone has a registry trick or any solution to keep using that version?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3908 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.