Exasperated by standard sizing.... question about mesh creation

StarSong Bright

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4003 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi All,

I have begun trying my hand at mesh creation and I am looking over the standard sizing - the five sizes to fit most avis.  Here is the thing, is there some simple way to make the clothing once and make the other four just a morph without having to fuss with making the object (or at least editing it by hand) four more times?

I saw "liquid mesh" jeans at redgrave, they offer just the one size and it fits well (which is VERY unusual for my avatar) - how is this done?  Is there a straightforward way to make one size fits all (or at least most) without the blood sweat and tears?

Here's a pretty good overview of Redgrave's liquid mesh in a blog review. They mention and link an article about the process they believe Redgrave used to create liquid mesh. Redgrave, of course, isn't going to share how they did this because they don't want to help their competition - sensible business practice. Really, though, liquid mesh only goes so far; it's far from a perfect solution, but it does help.

As far as a simple way to easily alter an item to fit multiple shapes without having to manually edit, I'm really not sure, but perhaps someone else will have some insight.

My too cents worth is designers need to go beyond the "standard sizing" someone just happned to decide should be standard.  These standards are FAR from standard AV sizes.  If you can't or won't alter your AV, which I refuse to do, then these "standard sizes" do not fit causing bad reviews, customer complaints, and in general a loss of revenue.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4003 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.