New chat?

Trixxikins

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3941 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

omg i dont wont it :( thas my NR 1 rison for using SLV3 :( it Dosent have that :( ther noting new abut  it its just the Old Crapy on thas in all the oter Wiwers i hat it

i don like firestorm alt all bot i mit have to Conwer to it :(
if i cant Awod Getting the updat :( nooooooooooooooooooooooo Way SL waayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

PLIESS
I DONT
WONT
THIS
:(
http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Featured-News/A-Shiny-New-Communications-Hub-for-the-Second-Life-Viewer/ba-p/1957779?utm_source=Blog&utm_medium=Story&utm_campaign=SocialCM

OR atlist Give me the Opsion to us it or not  PLIES

? yes i using SLV3 i love it sow i dot wont the new/old Chat hub :(

:) bot, i am told in firestorm u can Thus not to us the all in 1 Box chat
 sow i mit Start using firestorm aldow i rily dont like it bot iff i cant Awot Geting the Updat for SLV3 i Properly whel :(
i alwes bin a biig fan off the SLV3 on sow i am so sad about this Hop i can Await it somehow

Tamara Artis wrote:

For me this sounds pretty cool, having all communications at one place and doing all actions from there.

But, but.... it doesn't make a cup of coffee even!   I still have to do it myself.   :smileyindifferent:  :smileysad:

all that wonderful progamming talent that could be fixing the lag problems, or the disappearing sims, or the problem with taking vehicles across sim crossings and it is wasted on creating a chat system nobody likes ;-)

Maybe I shall have to join the hordes on 3rd party viewers.

Miccie Inkpen wrote:

all that wonderful progamming talent that could be fixing the lag problems, or the disappearing sims, or the problem with taking vehicles across sim crossings and it is wasted on creating a chat system nobody likes ;-)

Maybe I shall have to join the hordes on 3rd party viewers.

This!!!!!

As usual, the same tired old shills and LL apologists are pretending this half baked, laughably lame CHUI is actually a good thing.  :matte-motes-agape:

The fact that this awful, clunky huge window blocks and distracts from what the viewer is supposed to show...ie a virtual world...means nothing to the shills and LL apologists as they live on the forums.

Linden Lab - Ever heard the phrase "If it's not broke, don't fix it?" f so, what in gods name have you done to the viewer. Over the last 5 and half years, I have seen new implements come along, windlight, shadows, mesh. But what on earth is this with the chat? It worked absolutely wonderful before hand, you had IM windows and the local chat down the bottom left. I did prefer the docked chat bar at the bottom, but meh, whatever - I managed to resize it to fit above the buttons down there.

Now you have royally screwed it up. Every time I get notification on Mysti-Hud, everytime I turn my AO on or off, the pop up windows appears and I am halted in my tracks. Changing gear on a vehicle stops the blooming thing as well.

Go back to the original char method or at least give us the option to go back to that. :smileymad:

Trixxikins wrote:

I'm not seeing a way to reverse the updated changes to my chat. How can I fix this so my chat is normal again?

You can still revert back to the previous V3 Viewer update!

Here is how:

fix.png

1. Go to your 'Me' option, then preferences options. Select the setup tab and then for the 'Software Updates' option, select 'Download and install updates manually'. This will stop your SL viewer from forcing you to update to the new CHUI interface update.

2. Uninstall the Second Life viewer on your computer

3. Go to this URL and download the previous V3 Viewer update on the blue box

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Release_Notes/Second_Life_Release/3.4.5

Now you can use the V3 viewer normally like before without the worry of adapting to the new CHUI chat interface. Your welcome!

Miccie Inkpen wrote:

This is how it works at LL

1. Programmers only do jobs they fancy
  2. Programmers never fancy jobs that are big and complex

:smileysurprised::):smileyvery-happy:

yadaw wrote:

You can still revert back to the previous V3 Viewer update!

Here is how:

3. Go to this URL and download the previous V3 Viewer update on the blue box

Now you can use the V3 viewer normally like before without the worry of adapting to the new CHUI chat interface. Your welcome!

It's good to note that this - using an older viewer - is only a temporary solution.

When the avatar server side baking comes into effect - which will not be very far away - then all viewers must be updated to be compatible with this new avatar rendering method to be able to see avatars properly.

Sure one could continue to use the old non updated viewers, but it will not be pleasant experience as all avatars will remain grey when viewed with old viewers.

So better to learn to use the CHUI voluntarily now to be prepared for the future.

As an alternative one can try different TPV viewers.  They may implement the CHUI differently what Linden Lab has done - or even might provide different solution.

Yes. Like it or no these are the changes. Best learn the new features and adjust them to how you work. I was able to adjust about 90% of my work habits to fit in with CHUI, though it is still not as good as the old chat functions. Take the time to play with the new chat options. 

sean

• 2 months later...

yes but :) This is Al most her naw::: Project Shining :::

Sow u have To update sory.. but jaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy :D

and i bin on FS on V3 for a whil naw and i com to like it :) i stil love like the SLV3 beter it not sow Crudet and Compleks UPS i mine it Was naw u got a big ogly BOX seling u Viwe off SL omg lol...

Sow com jone us on FS on V3 only lats got Chat viwer Lift AAAnnd its Project Shining Redy jaayy :D

kiss kiss all :D

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3941 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.