Viewer Changes (and viewer idea updates)

Annaleisa

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4192 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I used to use firestorm a lot, but because of my comp the SL viewer 3 is the best viewer to use. I liked it because of it's similiarity to Exodus (which I'm sure exodus meant for that) but now with the Chat change I absolutely hate it.

I think there should be an option to have the chat window with them combined, and an option to have private back up in the corner and the nearby chat seperate again. Or keep it the way it is.

Secondly, I miss my radar, Though this viewer does have a "People" option I can not cam into them in the viewer, nor does it say next to them their group, or their distance from me which is actually very agitating. Those are the suggestions I think should be put in the next viewr update, allowing camming (because it helps me see who is around me and find people I'm looking for), the option to change how your conversations are placed, and the radar/people window saying how far away someone is and give the current group tag above their head (or something like that)

I am having a very big problem with this update. When I try to walk around with my key board if anyone says anything in group/IM/local the cursor gets dragged into the chat input box and stop moving while that error notes starts. I cannot navagate anymore. Can I fix this?

I have no issue whith how things worked before, but this is making the viewer unusable.

The box also keeps jumping around my screen when I open the side bars.  Also the orange starts flashing on me even if I'm already looking at the active chat.

I agree!    I HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE!!!!! HATE!!!!!! the new single box for everything crap. now I have to read private messages int he same box?  So what...just miss everything in the room and have to scroll around to see if anyones talking to me in a public area?  That just big whopping sucks.   Please!  PLEASE!  bring back the private windows!   I'm a loyal user of V3, but this change has absolutely discusted me!

"the new single box for everything crap. now I have to read private messages int he same box?"

I know right? Not only that but even if I am on a conversation window it flashes orange at me if I don't click over to it every time someone says anything. I can already see the new message, I have the window open, but I have to stop what I'm doing and click or the box keeps flashing.

This chat box is a very angry, demanding box.

This new chat is terrible. Anytime an object or person says anything, it takes your cursor and automatically puts it in the chat box, whether you want to reply or not. A lot of times, this conflicts with using keys to toggle the voice chat, movement, building , etc. Please fix this, or move the old chat methods back into the viewer. Thanks in advance

I HATE the new chat update! The combo box is one of the things I always hated about Firestorm. Its frustrating to close the boxes you want to close as well as that orange chat flashing all the time. Im hoping they rethink this 'UPDATE' 

To put it bluntly... It sucks!

Dear friends, usualy I am opened for new changes, but this version  3.5.0 (273444) makes me crazy.

1) chat box is really confusing

2) search in my inventory doesn´t work right anymore

3) shortcuts for gestures stopped working

4) teleport button is gone when you talk in ims....

Where are good improvements???

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4192 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.