First Person View Problem

Rhamantu

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4035 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Not sure if this is the proper place to post this, but...

I''m having problems clicking on things while in 1st person. I didn't have this problem last night, and don't recall changing any settings.

Any suggestions?

Thanx

Rhamantu wrote:

Not sure if this is the proper place to post this, but...

I''m having problems clicking on things while in 1st person. I didn't have this problem last night, and don't recall changing any settings.

Any suggestions?

Thanx

One of the things that has bugged me since I began SL years ago is not having a true first person view option.  Mouselook annoys me most of the time.  That said, I don't *think* you can click on things in mouselook, but I may be wrong.  I do know you can still chat while in mouseview (you might already know that).  Just in case you don't, I found a thread that addresses that:

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Controls/Chatting-while-in-the-first-person-point-of-view/qaq-p/1588229

Sorry I couldn't be more help. :(

There is a bug in one LSL function, llTakecontrols, that will break clicking in mouselook if it is called in just the right way: llTakeControls(whatever, FALSE, TRUE).

So, try removing all scripted attachments and see if mouselook clicks work again. You can then put them back, one at a time, testing touches each time, until you find the one that interferes.

Rhamantu wrote:

You can definitely click on objects. Just can't use the pie interface (or whatever it's called). Been using 1st person clicking since I first arrived a few days ago.

You are way ahead of me in the mouselook learning curve.  Having played an MMORPG that had a selection of views, including a wonderful first person view, I always fumbled around in mouselook.  I didn't know I could see chat while using it until someone showed me how. :matte-motes-bashful-cute:

If by "first person" you mean mouselook, there's an infuriating, and very obscure, bug that I ran into recently. SVC-7532 llTakeControls(*,FALSE,TRUE) prevents left clicks from mouselook.

This is insideous because a lot of attachments call llTakeControls(CONTROL_SOMETHING,FALSE,TRUE) so they can keep running in no-script areas  (which AOs and a lot of other things need to).   But if they do, this means you can't touch stuff while in mouselook.   What makes it even worse is that, until I asked about it over in SLU, a few months ago, some of the most experienced scripters in SL hadn't heard of this (it wasn't until then that it was mentioned in the wiki, in fact).

There's a simple work-round for scripters -- llTakeControls(CONTROL_WHATEVER, TRUE, TRUE) doesn't cause this bugged behaviour -- but that's not much help if you're dealing with a no-mod script.

TL;dr -- it's almost certainly one of your attachments that's the causing the problem.

I went to a Firestorm Support class shortly after posting this here (Joined the group as well after seeing how much they were willing to help. Thank you Blue.), and I think just being there scared my game straight. It fixed itself.

Or it could be that I removed whatever it was that was causing what Innula Zenovka described without knowing it.

Thank you for your help guys. :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4035 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.