Whenever I try and teleport, it logs me out and says you have been disconnected from the region?

allirye

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2018 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

17 answers to this question

If a small window appears, saying that you have been logged out of SL, this isn't a crash. Rather, SL is disconnecting you, for one of a number of reasons, including:

• The region you are in is going down;
  • During teleport, the SL servers may fail to hand you over to your destination and so log you out;
  • Your network connection has gone down;
  • Your network connection has become poor or unreliable and SL has lost contact with your avatar.

Things to try:

• If you aren't crashing or disconnecting but aren't getting anywhere, try TPing to different locations. It may just be one region giving you trouble. “Puddle jumping” by going to a different one first might help you get around sim issues.
  • Try opening the landmark you are trying to TP to and let the information in the LM load fully before clicking Teleport.
  • Having your bandwidth set too high is a frequent cause of TP failure. Go to PreferencesNetwork & Cache and set bandwidth to 300, and see if that improves things. If it does, you can increase gradually, up to a maximum of 1500. Please refer to this page for information on determining your optimum bandwidth setting.
  • Mac users: If you crash or get logged out on all or most TPs, then you may need to add new DNS numbers in System Preferences on your Mac, especially if you are experiencing other issues like an empty friends list or trouble viewing rigged mesh. Please see the “Mac-specific” section of this page for instructions.
  • If you are using a firewall, try disabling it temporarily and seeing if that improves things. Norton products in particular have been known to severely impair various SL functions, including teleports and texture rezzing, but the same issues may appear with other firewalls as well. If this solves the problem, re-enable the firewall, and then configure it to allow Firestorm access to the 'net; for more on that, see here.
  • Check your network performance. Go to Help → About Firestorm and scroll to the bottom of the window. There you will see something like “Packets Lost: 191/34581 (0.6%).” You would like to see this number as close to zero as possible. If this is more than a few percent, that is a likely cause for TP failure. You may have a poor connection to your ISP, or it might be that the sim you are on is overloaded and responding poorly. You can also view realtime packet loss in your Statistics Bar (Ctrl-Shift-1; if this does not open, make sure your Advanced menu is open with Ctrl-Alt-D and try again).
  • Right-click your tag or a non-prim part of your avatar and select Script Info. If the number of scripts reported is in the triple digits, then it might be causing the TP fail. Try removing scripted prims. To determine which attachments contain the most scripts, go to World → Parcel Details, click Script Info at the bottom and then Avatar at the top. This will list your scripted attachments with their size in memory (not number of scripts) to help you know what to try removing first.1) Note that UNscripted prims have no effect on TP failing.2)
  • If you have teleport screens disabled, try turning them back on: Preferences → Firestorm → General → Disable Teleport Screens … make sure it is NOT checked.
  • If you are being disconnected once TP has completed (that is, once you arriove at your destination, or shortly thereafter), then a possible cause is that your router is being “overwhelmed” with texture transfers. So try the following:
    • Open PreferencesGraphics -> Rendering, disable HTTP Textures.
    • Relog, then try a few teleports to see if things have improved; if not…
    • From the top menu, open Develop and disable HTTP Inventory. (Press Ctrl-Alt-Q to enable the Develop menu if you do not already have it enabled.)
    • Relog.
    • And again try a few teleports and see if there is any improvement. If not, revert the settings above.
  • If nothing above helps the issue, then there may be a problem with your connection, especially if you were seeing high packet loss. Log off and try resetting your router/modem. Unplug it for a minimum of two minutes. If it has a battery backup, remove the battery as well. It does not hurt to reboot your computer at this time. After at least two minutes have passed, plug the router/modem back in and/or replace the battery and log back in.  Also, if you have been using a wireless connection, don't.  SL does not work well with wireless for many people.  Use a LAN cable connection instead.

• Like 3

I know exactly why! This is also happening to me. I uninstalled and reinstalled a hundred times before I noticed it in my Download Manager. I still haven't figured out how to correct it, but I WILL let you know when I do. See when you load the Second Life VIewer, there's a sub-program called destinations. I don't know if we even CAN fix it. It seems like an issue with Second Life on their end. But this sub-program Destinations, is refusing to load all of a sudden for you and for me too. So you can only go to each location by logging out and logging into a Typed Destination. Teleporting is controlled by the Destinations program, and since it refuses to load, we keep getting the "Darn, blah blah blah" message. It seems like Second Life, the company themselves, needs to make a patch for it. Until then, those of us with a corrupt Destinations program can't teleport without being kicked. Basically, we drew the short straw. I don't know about you, but I spent money on this game and I'm feeling like a refund is in order. I also have a corrupt program called CheckLogin, and therefore I can't even log on at all. I'm very angry about this. I rented an apartment for 1500 Lindens and only got to use it for 2 days. When I rented it for a real life 2 weeks. I'm owed a refund and 2 program patches.

• Like 1

That "chick" was not born in SL last March 24 like you did and she is much more knowledgeable than you will probably ever be. At least pay some respect to those giving out their time for free trying to help others. Didn't your Mama teach you to be polite to ladies? Go back to play on your PlayStation.

DirtyBoi89,

So after 2 weeks you have become the expert in all things SecondLife. Wow. I'm impressed. NOT!

Since the majority of Mac SL Users are not having this issue and you seem to think you have corrupt programs then you clearly have 1) a connection issue with the internet and your installation of SecondLife. BTW - Destinations is an optional SL interactive display of popular "Destinations" within SL. It is not needed to access any of SL. 2) A refusal to load the Destinations panel sounds like your Mac is refusing to load the SLPlugin Module which is started for each parallel task the SL Software launches.

Your issue has nothing to do with this OPs issue. Please open up your own Question.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2018 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.