Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Maestro Linden

Deploys for the week of 2013-04-01

Recommended Posts

What i do notice is that nearly all the "missing" prims are the default named "Object" prims and only a handfull of named ones missing
Same for the linksets

Please say your seeing it aswell (or in this case not :)), i`m starting to feel crazy lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Alicia Sautereau wrote:

What i do notice is that nearly all the "missing" prims are the default named "Object" prims and only a handfull of named ones missing

Same for the linksets

Please say your seeing it aswell (or in this case not
:)
), i`m starting to feel crazy lol

It sure would be nice if we could nail a common denominator.

I would love to have your system!

I'm wondering what the size of the textures that were used are.

Without very specific instructions I just dont have the technical know how to diagnose any of this.

All I can do is try to provide as much info as possible.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Andrew saw it in action on different clients at tempura Perrie
The last server update made the bug more visible so thankfully easier to track down now, hopefully :P

Now it`s just waiting for the fix :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Perrie Juran wrote:


Alicia Sautereau wrote:

What i do notice is that nearly all the "missing" prims are the default named "Object" prims and only a handfull of named ones missing

Same for the linksets

Please say your seeing it aswell (or in this case not
:)
), i`m starting to feel crazy lol

It sure would be nice if we could nail a common denominator.

I would love to have your system!

I'm wondering what the size of the textures that were used are.

Without very specific instructions I just dont have the technical know how to diagnose any of this.

All I can do is try to provide as much info as possible.

 

I may have noticed something - it seems the most likely prims to not appear are ones that are partially in and partially out of your field of view when you teleport into a place that's in your cache - i.e. some of my alts live in fairly small buildings. (Hey, at least I provide homes for them.) When they log in or teleport home, frequently things like the floor and side walls don't appear until the building is rightclicked. These prims are in such locations that some of the corners are in the field of view and some of them are out of the field of view when they land.

The walls they're facing will show up because they can see all corners, and the back wall which is completely out of their view will appear when they turn around because the viewer knows it's something that's entered their field of view that wasnt' there before. With the half-in half-out objects it's like the viewer doesnt' think it's visible for initial drawing because part of it is out of view, but when your camera moves it doesn't recognize it as a new object because part of it was in the field of view already.

This would explain why they often appear when zooming out - the viewer realizes it has to load the lower-resolution "distant" view of the object when you zoom out, then when you zoom back in it will re-draw the higher-resolution "close" texture.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Perrie Juran wrote:

 

It sure would be nice if we could nail a common denominator.


Today I made another test at Tempura Island.  This time with Firestorm 4.3.1 (31155).

When I arrived Lighting & Shadows were turned off in the viewer.

After waiting half a minute, this is what I saw - prims missing:

TempuraIsland_Firestorm-Lighting-and-SahdowsOff.jpg

 

Then without doing anything else, I turned Lighting & Shadows on in the viewer.

Immediately after that I saw this - like magic, all missing prims appeared at once:

TempuraIsland_Firestorm-Lighting-and-ShadowsOn.jpg

So there was no need to click on the prims for them to appear.  Turning Lighting & Shadows on was enough.

 

Info:

Firestorm 4.3.1 (31155) Dec  2 2012 00:45:37 (Firestorm-Release) with Havok support

 

You are at 281,980.0, 230,447.0, 32.7 in tempura island located at sim9772.agni.lindenlab.com (216.82.45.106:13000)

Second Life Server 13.03.22.272563

Release Notes

 

CPU: Intel® Core i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz (3411.14 MHz)

Memory: 8169 MB

OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 64-bit Service Pack 1 (Build 7601)

Graphics Card Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation

Graphics Card: GeForce GTX 560 Ti/PCIe/SSE2

 

Windows Graphics Driver Version: 9.18.0013.0697

OpenGL Version: 4.2.0

 

HTTP textures Off

HTTP Inventory On

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm one of the unfortunate who average around 7-8 FPS...it's doable, but can dip to around 2-3 where basically i'm stuck. good days i get 12 FPS for my highest and i'm really happy :P

Even with FPS like that though, i wouldn't want higher if it meant turning back the clock on the new features like mesh. I absolutely love mesh and i'm hoping soon to get a new computer to handle the higher demand on graphics.

The only thing i am REALLY concerned about is bandwidth requirements. I live in rural Alaska and 1MB is the maximum i can get. It's the all that's offered and not sure thats gonna change anytime soon.

I'm one of those people who says "but it was a fine a year ago" lol ...really around last September is when it really seemed to become an issue with constantly being logged off. I will be logged off after every teleport now.  Even with turning draw distance down. It's my new normal and i'm used to it.

I would hope there might be something that can be done to stop SL from being so hungry for bandwidth.

P.S. turning draw distance to 32 is not a suggestion i follow.  I feel like i'm standing in an empty sim. Walking around like in a haze cause i can't see beyond 32 meters. I'll just deal with log offs before i do that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


sunshine Juneberry wrote:

I will be logged off after every teleport now.  Even with turning draw distance down. 
It's my new normal and i'm used to it.

 

Try this:

  1. Change over to using Google public DNS
  2. If that does not help, disable HTTP Textures
  • Go to Me -> Preferences -> Advanced -> Show developer menu
  • Then Develop (in top menu bar) -> HTTP Textures -> Untick this
  • Relog and test some TP's

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Coby Foden wrote:


Perrie Juran wrote:

 

It sure would be nice if we could nail a common denominator.


Today I made another test at Tempura Island.  This time with Firestorm 4.3.1 (31155).

When I arrived
Lighting & Shadows were turned off
in the viewer.

After waiting half a minute, this is what I saw - prims missing:

 

 

Then without doing anything else,
I turned Lighting & Shadows on
in the viewer.

Immediately after that I saw this - like magic, all missing prims appeared at once:


Depending on  how I had it set before I arrived, toggling on or off does do the trick.

Mostly it's just an annoyance to have to keep doing this.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

before linked part sets of normal prims never was a issue, all the sudden they get invisable phantom but that only happends ojnce when other avatars havinf the same problem with having this issue (using other viewers) when you tp to the place, clicking on it will make the prim visable again 

so i unlinked problem gone now i relinked and i see the problem restursn let me docment this on a in world note card abd pictures and evidence of other residents, i wil ldo my best on this stap bye step Maestro, im slow and need time to do this correct

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...