UV map not importing correctly - Maya 2013

Avant Scofield

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4036 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've had this happen to me several times now where the UV map simply breaks on upload. I've tried the default DAE exporter and tried FBX then converting and both produce the broken UVs. This seems to happen after baking textures.

If I export as an OBJ and then reimport, then export to DAE or FBX, it works. However, now that I am working with a big scene that involves multiple meshes, I can't really use the OBJ fix I've been using in the past. Any ideas?

Hi,

glad you figured it already.

Problem is that some of the Collada Formats are newer or different then to what SL supports.
Latest SL official viewer should support Collada 1.4

But still in some cases troubles can occur. Especially when lines are written into the collada export file that SL can't read.

Another stone to strugglr upon is also having 'spaces' in the material names. In some cases that gives troubles so try to avoid that. Plus since SL can not assign any different 'materials' (not textures) anyways. all you need for export is a basic material being set. And also always make sure not to have more then 8 materials applied. (equals SL object faces) 8 is the maximum.

Cheers.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4036 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.