how to change my and my club's rating to Adult?

tiffitira

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4032 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi,

I own a club in adult land. I want to run an adult club there. But my rating is Moderate. So is my club's rating. I want to change both to Adult. How to do this? I regularly trade in L$ and also swiped my credit card to bring money to run my club.

Thank you,

Tiffitira

8 answers to this question

You have to do this in several steps. First you have to change your own maturity rating:

How to change your preferences to view adult content

Even if you are 18 or older, you still need to opt in to view adult content. 

Log into Second Life, then follow these steps in the Viewer to set your maturity preferences:

1. Choose Me > Preferences (or Ctrl-P) and click the General tab.
  2. Choose General, Moderate, Adult from the I want to access content rated: dropdown menu.
    landaccess1.jpg

Then use the dropdown menu to modify your parcel maturity to Adult Content:

maturity.jpg

• Like 3

If you are on a private estate, you can't have an adult club on a Moderate sim.  Only the estate owner can set the sim's rating.  If  your sim is rated A your land should be too.  If not, you will have to find another lot that is on an A rated sim to put your adult club on or see if your estate owner is willing to change the rating to A.

If you own mainland your club must be on the Adult continent of Zindra.

• Like 2

What is the rating of the sim on which your club is located?   That's what determines everything.   

I don't understand what you mean when you say that your rating is Moderate.   Nowadays, if the date of birth you provided at sign up makes you 18 or over, you're automatically able to access Adult land so long as you've set your preferences to enable that.     So if you can access your club, and your club is, in fact, on an Adult sim, then there's no problem and nothing to change.

• Like 2

Thank u very much for ur detailed answer.

But if I go to My Groups > Relaxour > Group Profile the options are only General Content and Moderate Content. What u said I have already done. How to make that Adult?

Thank you again

Tiffitira

Hi tiffitira. I have been looking for a possibility to change the group's settings to Adult on one group of which I am the owner and, just like you, I am stuck to General and Moderate. I suspect the maturity rating of the group cannot be changed to Adult once it has been created (but I a unsure of that). Since your land is group owned, and since you are the owner, you may have to reclaim the land and sell it to yourself to be able to set your parcel to Adult. But, once again, I am not sure this will work.

I would suggest you post this specific question separately in a new question: hopefully other helps will come with solutions to your problem.

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Group-owned-land/ta-p/700079#Section_.5.1

• Like 1

Like Innula, I'm puzzled.  You cannot have a club "on Adult land" that is rated "Moderate".  The region is either one or the other, and the club itself, and the land parcel it's on, cannot have a different maturity rating than the region it's in.

Moreover, you could not even go there yourself if you aren't over 18.  There is no longer an intermediate situation...Either you are under 18, by the birth date you used when you signed up for SL, and cannot visit anything but General regions, or you are 18 or over, and can visit G,M, and A regions.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4032 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.