SECOND LIFE IS DYING...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 398 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

12 hours ago, Solar Legion said:

@BilliJo Aldrin Will you give it a rest already? The two of you are coming at this from two opposing viewpoints and while one has already acknowledged the other's viewpoint it would seem that you will not be satisfied until you get a capitulation.

All of this over a poor choice of words while trying to act like a salesperson.

Whats his name has said several times hes not going to reply to me any more. I'm just trying to give him the opportunity to do it.

As for selling Premium, no one needs to sell Premium, it will sell itself to anyone objectively looking at the benefits.

*Waiting for the storm of "I don't need no stinking Premium benefits" replies*

From what I have been reading @BilliJo Aldrin it seems more or less as though you are just as unable to let the topic simply rest. This present response of yours does not seem to be any exception as you have made the assumption that anyone who has not decided to buy premium after looking at what it offers is somehow not looking at it properly.

The choice is and always will be a subjective one. I went premium a few years back simply so I would have a home I could use as a fall back just in case I found myself unable to continue paying the rent on the parcel I presently use as a home. All of the other benefits simply did not factor into that choice for me; I had and still have no real use for the premium sandboxes, the gifts have thus far been of sub par quality, I have very little interest in their themed premium fun zones and while I do use Voice I rarely use a morph. At the time I could not justify nor afford a yearly payment and thus went month by month. I may be able to afford it now but I simply cannot justify doing so as even with the stipend level I have I would still have to play beat the clock to convert that into something I can use to offset the cost.

Yes, objectively the perk set is good. You do not seem to understand however that not everyone finds value in the perks offered. Yes they have added more perks as time has gone on but again not everyone will find value in them. As an example I have made use of the extra group slots yet I have no use presently for the set aside access space to sims afforded to me. None of the places I visit ever get crowded enough for that to matter. I also have no use for the single, free experience setup given to premium members as I do not script. These two perks may have some value to others but they will not have value to everyone.

You can accept this or not but at the end of the day it really does not matter much. People will make the choice based on which perks appeal to them and whether or not those perks are worth even the monthly cost in their minds. This does not make them wrong at all and the antagonistic way you've responded to those who have voiced their reasons for choosing not to go premium speaks volumes.

I've tried to avoid saying much at all on the topic simply because many others have covered this already. Now I have added my own reasoning into the mix and quite firmly believe that you will not be able to accept that reasoning. Just as you were unable to accept anyone else's reasoning.

The only reason the others ceased their arguments with you is that they simply grew tired of typing at a brick wall. As for myself; I simply found myself with a bit of time to waste this morning.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Kimmi Zehetbauer said:

Another thing is everyone is on their little smart phones.  I showed my daughter the game and first thing she asked "can I play it on my phone?" 

3 hours ago, Chrismaky said:

Its waay too sophisticated to bring to mobile devices.

This is why it will never grab lots of the younger generation.  They are all about their phone and if it can't be done on the phone then they pretty much want nothing to do with it.

So, yes, SL is dying, but as some others have mentioned, it is a very slow death.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Sometimes people just have to get the last word in.  It could go on forever! B|

1 hour ago, Solar Legion said:

Something I am sadly all too familiar with @Love Zhaoying. There are even those who will go to any length to do so.

Best way to get the last word: Save your energy and stay absolutely quiet while the arguing goes on. Then, when everybody else have passed out or away from exhaustion, jump in and SAY IT! :D

• Like 1

I was going to put the longest word in the English language here, the chemical name for titin, but since it has 189,819 letters in it, I thought that would be excessive...

I'll go with the longest fully recognized, and appreciated, word in the English language instead... :D

pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis

35 minutes ago, Tari Landar said:

I was going to put the longest word in the English language here, the chemical name for titin, but since it has 189,819 letters in it, I thought that would be excessive...

I'll go with the longest fully recognized, and appreciated, word in the English language instead... :D

pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis

That's floccinaucinihilipilification if you ask me.

Besides, if you include names - and they are a part of the language too -  Llanfair­pwllgwyngyll­gogery­chwyrn­drobwll­llan­tysilio­gogo­goch is longer.

Come to think of it, isn't Taumatawhakatangi­hangakoauauotamatea­turipukakapikimaunga­horonukupokaiwhen­uakitanatahu the official English name for Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamatea­turipukakapikimaunga­horonukupokaiwhen­uakitanatahu?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 398 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.