SECOND LIFE IS DYING...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 380 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

8 hours ago, Chrismaky said:

I've been premium. I know what's in the package. It's not worth it to me. Everybody is different and wants different things. I wanted a sim so I got one. But to argue over premium is just rather dumb. You do you lol

Takes two people to argue sweetie, but make you a deal, you don't hit reply to this and we'll never need to mention it again.

:)

8 hours ago, Arkanus Andel said:

I've already stated I understand your reasoning. I have also laid out exactly why your response was irrelevant to what was being disputed.

Please continue to hammer away at such an angle, I've made my point and you have made it clear that you wish to ignore it while attempting to move the goal posts.

I'm done, someone else can respond further if they so desire.

The problem is you hate that I'm right and you are wrong, but don't hit reply and we'll call this done

If SL ISN'T dying, please explain to me why...

1) Sony cancelled SL Go but still support OpenSim

2) Log-ins and active sims are drastically down, even on 2014's totals

3) MCs and vehicle users are defecting to GTA V in droves

4) SL videos on YouTube are outnumbered by GTA/GMOD vids by about 15:1 (and check out the ratio of likes)

I don't think SL decline is anything to do with mesh or mainland. Virtual worlds just don't hold the allure they did in 2003-2009, while VR is really taking off for industrial/business solutions. 

Honestly think SL, even Blue Mars and Sansar are heading the way of Playstation Home.

33 minutes ago, Blottor said:

If SL ISN'T dying, please explain to me why...

Oh but Second Life is dying. Very few people disagree with that. The question is how fast. With the fairly constant speed of decline we've seen the last six years, there should still be qutite a bit of life left in the old lady a decade and more from now.

1) Sony cancelled SL Go but still support OpenSim

Sony cancelled SL because they don't want to share with anybody.

They keep supporting OpenSim either because they don't count as anybody or because it's so small they overlooked it when they bought Go.

3) MCs and vehicle users are defecting to GTA V in droves

The only surprising thing there is that motoring ever was a big aprt of SL at all. It's horrendously unfrinedly to land vehicles.

I don't think SL decline is anything to do with mesh or mainland. Virtual worlds just don't hold the allure they did in 2003-2009

Yes, you have a point there.

Honestly think SL, even Blue Mars and Sansar are heading the way of Playstation Home.

Yes. I think it's a safe bet that SL will be the last of those three to disappear though.

Edited by ChinRey
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, ChinRey said:

Sony cancelled SL because they don't want to share with anybody.

They keep supporting OpenSim either because they don't count as anybody or because it's so small they overlooked it when they bought Go.

Sony bought out OnLive, the then parent of SL Go. Sony decided to devote the resources provided to SL Go to their Playstation platform

12 minutes ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

I think this has officially been the first time I've read about someone putting GTA V in direct competition to SL... O.o

You're right about that. Although there's some similarities lmao ^

6e0acdba196555ca0ff858659e359026.gif

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Blottor said:

4) SL videos on YouTube are outnumbered by GTA/GMOD vids by about 15:1 (and check out the ratio of likes)

I'm trying to wrap my head around this "statistic".

SL and GTA are two completely different animals, different fruit, DIFFERENT GENRE!

It's similar to the OP comparing cat videos to rebuilding a Chevy big block engine. Of course cats have more vids, it doesn't show Chevy block engines on a decline.

28246981igihh_sm.jpg

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Chrismaky said:

I'm trying to wrap my head around how people suddenly think he meant SL when he CLEARLY compared MCs in SL to GTA5. Not SL to GTA5.

He said MC and vehicle users from SL are going to GTA5

In other news, engineers are using steel to build bridges rather than plastic interlocking blocks.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

The problem is you hate that I'm right and you are wrong, but don't hit reply and we'll call this done

The problem is that you continually ignored the information that was presented to you and attempted to move the goalposts several times.

Now we're done.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I have an idea, if the people who really want to argue SL is dying (instead of just moving on) would go ahead and leave SL..and the forums too! :P

Not being mean, just making a point.  If you are "not happy", why are you here?O.o

That is a very good point but how about the people who are worried about SL dying because they are happy to be there and want to stay?

Just now, ChinRey said:

That is a very good point but how about the people who are worried about SL dying because they are happy to be there and want to stay?

Hmm..perhaps in time they will realize that it is dying sooooo slowwwwwwly that they can maybe erm, chill? lol! Enjoy life!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 380 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.