SECOND LIFE IS DYING...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 379 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

19 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

They are a benefit to anyone buying a membership. If you don't see them as benefits, if you see no value in what a membership gets you, then don't buy a membership. Its that simple. 

Whats the problem here?

Umm, you......

You just stated exactly what I already said....there is no value in membership for some of us. Why precisely were you trying to argue that there always is again? 

I don't often get the opportunity to contribute to a dead horse...but when I do, I do it with gusto :D 

• Like 6

I suppose its possible for a person to see no benefit in a benefit, so they will decline to take advantage of it.

I don't want the 5 dollars in Lindens

I don't want the 5 dollars in tier

I don't want 60 groups instead of 42

I don't want premium access to a full sim

I don't want access to premium sandboxes

I don't want access to live support

and

I certainly don't want those cheesey gifts LL gives out every few months.

Okey okey, i agree with that last one, its definitely not a benefit

:)

I dunno what this is all about, and I'm sorry for the beaten horse, but here is my take on it: :SwingingFriends:

42 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

I don't want the 5 dollars in Lindens

Fortunately I still make much more than 5 dollars per week from my little MP store. So, no, I don't need 5 dollars in Lindens.

I don't want the 5 dollars in tier

I pay USD 125 each month to rent a private estate homestead region, since 2009. So, no, 5 dollars in tier do pretty much nothing for me.

I don't want 60 groups instead of 42

In my 10+ years in Second Life, I never been in more than 10 to 12 groups. So, no, I don't need 60, when I don't need 42 even.

I don't want premium access to a full sim

Nope, I never been into these crowded places, and events in the past 10 years anyway.

I don't want access to premium sandboxes

My homestead region is my sandbox as well. I have more than 1000 prims available still, to play sandbox with.

I don't want access to live support

In my 10+ years in Second Life, I never had the need to contact support in any way or form. (knocks on wood)

I certainly don't want those cheesey gifts LL gives out every few months.

Correct, I like to create the stuff I want by myself.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, arton Rotaru said:

I dunno what this is all about, and I'm sorry for the beaten horse, but here is my take on it: :SwingingFriends:

Fortunately I still make much more than 5 dollars per week from my little MP store. So, no, I don't need 5 dollars in Lindens.

I pay USD 125 each month to rent a private estate homestead region, since 2009. So, no, 5 dollars in tier do pretty much nothing for me.

In my 10+ years in Second Life, I never been in more than 10 to 12 groups. So, no, I don't need 60, when I don't need 42 even.

Nope, I never been into these crowded places, and events in the past 10 years anyway.

My homestead region is my sandbox as well. I have more than 1000 prims available still, to play sandbox with.

In my 10+ years in Second Life, I never had the need to contact support in any way or form. (knocks on wood)

Correct, I like to create the stuff I want by myself.

Exactly what my responses would have been if I had thought there was enough life in the horse to bother typing  -- except that I do use but already get live support since I get concierge services.  No premium benefit whatsoever, and the risk of losing my entire account. Nope, not for everyone. 

If LL wanted to encourage merchants to be premium there are services they could easily offer to lure us. 

• Like 3

I am thoroughly glad that others understand, at least it's not just me, that makes me feel better about beating the poor horse up there, lol.

There definitely are things LL could do to entice people to buy premium. Clearly the fact that so many of us choose not to is more indicative of the belief at the current offerings are of no benefit to far more than just a small portion of us. I think that's way more telling than even our individual anecdotal reasoning(s) could ever be.

Normally I enjoy these discussions, reading them at least, and comparing thoughts and opinions...normally I can even find/take value in opinions I don't share. Truly sorry I could find no value in being repeatedly told I am wrong about things that do or do not benefit me and my sl, though. It could've been a great discussion. My apologies for contributing to the poor dead horsey...I'd like to contribute a dollar for his burial expenses now.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Klytyna said:

Take the $72 a year premium fee, subtract the $60 or so of 'free money' and you basically end up with paying $1 a month for a 512, that works out at a per region rate of $128 per month compared to a full island region rate of $295 per month and a full grandfathered island rate of $195 per month. It's the Tier subsidy that makes the 'break even'.

To break even, one must get their money back, dollar for dollar. Getting a 512 without paying Tier does not reimburse a person the extra money and thus they do not break even.

10 hours ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

I already posted that i get about 5 dollar a month in Lindens (300) a week, Tier for a 512 is 5 dollars a month so... 5 dollars  in Lindens, plus 5 dollars in free tier... 10 dollars in benefits each a month for a payment of 6 dollars... omg I make money every month, its an even better deal than I though, and its not just a deal for me, its a deal for everyone that pays premium for a year up front. 

So, you don't want to go premium, don't, but don't try and tell me i don't know what i'm talking about.

Don't pass off free Tier as you making back what you have paid in, BilliJo. You're not getting $10 a month, you're getting $5 if the market allows for it.

No, you don't know what you're talking about and you're acting like a used car salesman. Again, you're not helping your own argument here.

• Like 1

Ummmm...

Could we just wrap this up now or do people prefer to argue in circles for a little bit longer?

A Premium membership offers a package of benefits very well worth considering although it may not be the best option for everybody. Each SL user should take a look at what's in the package, find out which parts of it they want and decide for themselves whether it's worth the price.

Oh, and non-premium members are not all freeloaders. Most SL users contribute to the SL economy in one way or another.

Anything else left to say?

Edited by ChinRey
  • Like 8

45 minutes ago, ChinRey said:

Ummmm...

Could we just wrap this up now or do people prefer to argue in circles for a little bit longer?

A Premium membership offers a package of benefits very well worth considering although it may not be the best option for everybody. Each SL user should take a look at what's in the package, find out which parts of it they want and decide for themselves whether it's worth the price.

Oh, and non-premium members are not all freeloaders. Most SL users contribute to the SL economy in one way or another.

Anything else left to say?

Not really much else left, no.

For my part, I simply dislike misinformation/inaccurate information.

• Like 1

The horse is not dead. Not until I say it's dead. And that won't happen until I've had my say. Understood? Good.

Both sides are right. BilliJo is right in that paying for a 12 month premium account in one installment is beneficial for anyone. Whether or not the benefit is desirable to someone is entirely their choice. The benefits are clear (BilliJo). To some they are simply not desirable (Tari), even though they certainly exist.

So there's really nothing to argue about, and definitely no reason to seek to change someone's mind in the matter. I declare the argument to be a draw :)

The horse is now dead.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Arkanus Andel said:

To break even, one must get their money back, dollar for dollar. Getting a 512 without paying Tier does not reimburse a person the extra money and thus they do not break even.

Don't pass off free Tier as you making back what you have paid in, BilliJo. You're not getting $10 a month, you're getting $5 if the market allows for it.

No, you don't know what you're talking about and you're acting like a used car salesman. Again, you're not helping your own argument here.

That's 5 dollars a month i don't have to pay to rent a 512. If i wanted the premium "benefits" of land and tier without paying premium, i'd be out of pocket 10 dollars a month, instead of 6.

I'm saving 4 dollars every month with the premium benefits i mentioned.

Lets see.. 10 dollars a month for 1200 Lindens and rent on a 512, or 6 dollars a month to pay for my premium membership. Maybe you prefer to spend more money to get less, i don't.

Everyone feel free to stop responding and we can let this thread die.

• Confused 1

12 hours ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

They are a benefit to anyone buying a membership. If you don't see them as benefits, if you see no value in what a membership gets you, then don't buy a membership. Its that simple.

Whats the problem here?

The problem here was you repeatedly demanding that people who don't want premium should be forced to buy it. But that's cured, since you just retracted all your previous demands. Thank you for conceding defeat by admitting non premiums shouldn't HAVE to join.

/THREAD

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Klytyna said:

The problem here was you repeatedly demanding that people who don't want premium should be forced to buy it. But that's cured, since you just retracted all your previous demands. Thank you for conceding defeat by admitting non premiums shouldn't HAVE to join.

/THREAD

I never ever suggested people should be forced to go premium, in fact on another thread saying people should be forced to buy premium to access adult content i said it was a terrible idea. 

Some one said every store should have an in world presence, and I agreed to that, but you jumped all over it saying they would be forced to open one on griefer infested madlands, but i've already corrected you on that point too.

Forcing everyone to go premium would destroy second life quicker than anything else.

But hey, now we have beautiful, wonderful Sansar.

No one cares but, my free 512 is on Zindra, i pay 25 dollars tier on a 4096 on a mature sim and I pay 40 dollars a month as my share on a good sized lot on a sailing estate, so no i'm not one of these "just pays Premium and thinks they are supporting LL while trashing others that don't" people.

17 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

That's 5 dollars a month i don't have to pay to rent a 512. If i wanted the premium "benefits" of land and tier without paying premium, i'd be out of pocket 10 dollars a month, instead of 6.

I'm saving 4 dollars every month with the premium benefits i mentioned.

Lets see.. 10 dollars a month for 1200 Lindens and rent on a 512, or 6 dollars a month to pay for my premium membership. Maybe you prefer to spend more money to get less, i don't.

Everyone feel free to stop responding and we can let this thread die.

Sigh

No matter how you try to explain it, you're still not getting that waived Tier fee back as actual money nor is your Stipend paying the full amount of your membership.

Contrary to what you have apparently assumed, I do understand quite well your stated reasoning for viewing it as a benefit. As I said in response to someone else, I simply dislike misinformation/inaccurate information, which you presented when stating you break even.

Nowhere have I stated some desire to "pay more to get less" either.

Now can you please stop trying to pass your earlier claim off as accurate?

5 minutes ago, Arkanus Andel said:

Sigh

No matter how you try to explain it, you're still not getting that waived Tier fee back as actual money nor is your Stipend paying the full amount of your membership.

Contrary to what you have apparently assumed, I do understand quite well your stated reasoning for viewing it as a benefit. As I said in response to someone else, I simply dislike misinformation/inaccurate information, which you presented when stating you break even.

Nowhere have I stated some desire to "pay more to get less" either.

Now can you please stop trying to pass your earlier claim off as accurate?

I get back more in dollar value than i pay in membership. If i chose to purchase land and Lindens separately it would cost me more money. What part of that don't you understand?

15 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

No one cares but, my free 512 is on Zindra, i pay 25 dollars tier on a 4096 on a mature sim and I pay 40 dollars a month as my share on a good sized lot on a sailing estate, so no i'm not one of these "just pays Premium and thinks they are supporting LL while trashing others that don't" people.

Linden Home, 25 for a 4096, anywhere between 10 -25 extra in Linden Dollar purchases each month, 400 Linden Dollar stipend and all on the monthly subscription. Plan on eventually switching to quarterly or yearly but cannot really justify it with the way the stipends are distributed and the subscriptions processed.

Just now, BilliJo Aldrin said:

I get back more in dollar value than i pay in membership. If i chose to purchase land and Lindens separately it would cost me more money. What part of that don't you understand?

Ok seriously. You get a stupid looking house on a tiny plot of land surrounded by a bunch of other trailer houses. Can't edit, mod, or anything. It's NOT worth the money. Your "premium" status is meaningless when I own a whole bloody sim that I can do whatever I want on. I'm more premium than you are xD. 

NOW the horse is dead.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Chrismaky said:

Ok seriously. You get a stupid looking house on a tiny plot of land surrounded by a bunch of other trailer houses. Can't edit, mod, or anything. It's NOT worth the money. Your "premium" status is meaningless when I own a whole bloody sim that I can do whatever I want on. I'm more premium than you are xD. 

NOW the horse is dead.

I've not had a Linden house in years, I have mainland plots on road front.

I'm so happy for you that you own a whole sim 

Edited by BilliJo Aldrin
changed 2 words
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 379 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.