SECOND LIFE IS DYING...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 380 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

4 minutes ago, Klytyna said:

YOU believe that, the large amounts of abandoned and for-sale land suggests many others do not.

There are quite a number of people who choose not to live there, even *gasp* premium people.

And I'm sure that when Islanders arrived on the Madlands, with their official notices commanding them to buy Madlands dirt, as ordained by the "Committee for UnMadlander Activities" established by the "Billijo Act of 2018", there would be your 'flippers' waiting there to greet them, and cheerfully claiming that the sudden rush of enforced immigrants meant that parcels were in short supply, and that anyone who didn't want to be punished for not owning Madland dirt would simply have to bite the bullet and pay the new 'market rate'. 

Your 'flippers' would have a damn field day, thousands of new customers REQUIRED by SL Law to buy at inflated prices or else? And for the record YOUR complaint is 'flippers', mine is Madlanders demanding Special Snowflake Subsidies whilst sneering at the people who PAY for those subsidies.

Mosat of them already have, they rent island parcels in preference to renting Madland parcels, one store I know recently closed its full region Madland HQ and relocated to a full Island region, to get away from griefers.

What are these snowflake subsidies you go on and on about?

30 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

Despite all the benefits, there are some people that refuse to go premium on principal, the principal being "why should i pay when i can play for free/"

Despite people telling you, repeatedly, that these "benefits" are of no actual benefit to them...you insist they actually are.

Get out of your own box for a moment and look at it from another person's perspective, it helps a great deal.

I have no issues with others stating what they deem are benefits *to them*. I'm super glad they have them. I can see precisely how certain perks are, indeed, benefits for some, while still maintaining they are not benefits for many others. 

Insisting they are benefits *for all*, however....makes no sense at all. I don't refuse to buy premium based on principle alone, unless one wants to call  "I don't really want to pay for something if it offers me little to no benefit at all" as a principle...ok, maybe it is a principle...but it still isn't "I don't want to pay, *because* I can play for free". I certainly don't play for free, and haven't since, erm...2006(my last account I left sl in 2006, because it was boring to me back then). Not being premium is *not* indicative of "playing for free"...you seem to not understand this. 

• Like 2

All i know is I pay 72 dollars a year for a premium membership, and I get 72 dollars worth of Lindens and Tier in return. That is  break even for me. Everything else i get is a bonus, free, gratis. If you chose not to see them as benefits and refuse to go premium is entirely up to you.

33 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

All i know is I pay 72 dollars a year for a premium membership, and I get 72 dollars worth of Lindens and Tier in return. That is  break even for me. Everything else i get is a bonus, free, gratis. If you chose not to see them as benefits and refuse to go premium is entirely up to you.

Dear lord....you still don't get it. They are benefits..FOR YOU..not FOR ALL.  IT's not a matter of refusing to see them as benefits, it's a matter of them not *being* so, period. 

Why are you unable to accept that you don't have the only valid opinion here? 

I guess this is the point where I bow out of a circular, dizzying, and rather one-sided, conversation.....probably having more to do with a broken hand and being thoroughly stuck in crabapple 'I don't have patience for ignorance" mode :)

Have a great day! 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

The bottom line for me is that being premium means my account would be deleted if I ever was unable to pay the fee -- for example if I met with some sudden accident or illness. Currently, if I could not pay for my store regions, I would lose them but I would keep my entire store inventory safe. 

Edited by Pamela Galli
  • Like 2

Boy oh boy this thread really came back with a vengeance now didn't it?

Klytyna? We get it - you had a horrible experience on Mainland, mistakenly believed that some users that post here somehow have the clout to make actual demands of the Lindens concerning Mainland and Private Island finances (among other things) and that you 'lost patience' with it all.

Your attitude here isn't helping you at all. It's a forum, people have differing opinions on a wide variety of topics. You act as though your experiences are the only ones that count and that simply isn't true.

Put the Betelgeuse sized chip on your shoulder down.

BilliJo? We get that you honestly believe Premium has all of these oh so wonderful perks, really we do. See here's the thing, as has been pointed out to you before they are perks for you. You pay $72 a year and break even? That's wonderful, your account was created and signed up for Premium at a time where that is actually possible. You get what, L$400 a week? Current Premium Stipend is L$300 a week, that's not breaking even. That is $57.60 a year at the present exchange rate.

Not knowing even that much is part of the reason why some have been responding to you the way they have.

The way you've come off so far hasn't really helped much either.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Klytyna said:

You see no value in my words, ...

I do see value in your words. Genuine useful value sometimes and even more often entertainment value. It would be nice if you could add a few more word constructs to your vocabulary though, the repetitiveness can be a bit tedious at times.

But with that being said:

Extreme stereotyping and intolerance are quite popular these days and it's of course not a proper internet forum if it doesn't have somebody who's ready to shout out offenses in CAPITALS or Bold to the left and right at the drop of a hat.

But I know that in-world you role play as a domme and I understand you take that role quite seriously too.

A genuine domme does not dominate by screaming and swearing and harassing, she dominates by always displaying a natural authority that everybody around her respect. The forum clown has no natural authority whatsoever of course. So the two roles you try to play here are simply not compatible. That is something you ought to think about.

Edited by ChinRey
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Arkanus Andel said:

That's wonderful, your account was created and signed up for Premium at a time where that is actually possible. You get what, L$400 a week? Current Premium Stipend is L$300 a week, that's not breaking even. That is $57.60 a year at the present exchange rate.

Actually, BilliJo opened her account in 2010, and the stipend had been L$300 a week for at least 3 years by then - not L$400.

Edited by Phil Deakins
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Phil Deakins said:

Actually, BilliJo opened her account in 2010, and the stipend had been L$300 a week for at least years by then - not L$400.

Then BilliJo should not have claimed to be breaking even.

Edit: Yes I am aware that she rolled the Premium 512m2 free Tier into that assessment. That is not money that is repaid to her and thus does not factor into the equation whatsoever. At L$300 a week, you do not break even after a year has gone by with an Annual Premium Subscription.

Edited by Arkanus Andel

10 hours ago, Tari Landar said:

Not being premium is *not* indicative of "playing for free"...you seem to not understand this. 

From the grid owner's perspective... ;)

An internet service's financial success depends largely on how much money they can get out of people who believe they use it for free.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChinRey said:

I know that in-world you role play as a domme

I don't "Roleplay as a domme", I've never claimed to be a domme, I seldome indulge in what most forumites would classify as "Roleplay", and I usually find it hard to take a lot of SL dommes seriously, certainly not the ones from most of the "big name" Fem-Domme sims for example.

or Bold

Some "clown" decided to revamp the forum to use small grey text on a white background, with "smart coding" that repositions and even HIDES some aspects of the forum UI if I zoom the page to more that 120% original size. Hence I use bold so I can at least guarantee to be able to clearly see and read MY own posts without having to squint.

the repetitiveness can be a bit tedious at times.

I certainly find endless chanting of "Tax the Islanders" repetitive...

That is something you ought to think about.

Didn't I mention to you in another thread, the dangers of over-thinking in an attempt to make your self look "smarter" ?

6 minutes ago, Klytyna said:

I don't "Roleplay as a domme",

Ah. So your role here doesn't interefer with anything you do in-world then. Glad to hear that.

6 minutes ago, Klytyna said:

I certainly find endless chanting of "Tax the Islanders" repetitive...

Me too but "others are doing the same" is rarely a good reason.

Edited by ChinRey

54 minutes ago, Arkanus Andel said:

Then BilliJo should not have claimed to be breaking even.

Edit: Yes I am aware that she rolled the Premium 512m2 free Tier into that assessment. That is not money that is repaid to her and thus does not factor into the equation whatsoever. At L$300 a week, you do not break even after a year has gone by with an Annual Premium Subscription.

Take the $72 a year premium fee, subtract the $60 or so of 'free money' and you basically end up with paying $1 a month for a 512, that works out at a per region rate of $128 per month compared to a full island region rate of $295 per month and a full grandfathered island rate of $195 per month. It's the Tier subsidy that makes the 'break even'.

2 hours ago, Arkanus Andel said:

mistakenly believed that some users that post here somehow have the clout to make actual demands of the Lindens

Oh I have no illusions about who the Linden clan listen to on finance matters... Their Accountants, that's why last year they did a grandfathering sale for the Islands instead of a massive "Anti-Islander Tax" to refinance the Madlands.

17 minutes ago, ChinRey said:

Me too but "others are doing the same" is rarely a good reason.

To wildly paraphrase a well known quote "When all your enemies are Nails, your best weapon is a Hammer" ;) 

The "Heart of SL" isn't some patch of digital dirt, its the PEOPLE, anyone who continually demands the punishing the majority of those people is a "Coffin Nail" for SL, and they need to be hammered, hard.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Klytyna said:

To wildly paraphrase a well known quote "When all your enemies are Nails, your best weapon is a Hammer" ;) 

The "Heart of SL" isn't some patch of digital dirt, its the PEOPLE, anyone who continually demands the punishing the majority of those people is a "Coffin Nail" for SL, and they need to be hammered, hard.

I know another quote:

"To a child with a hammer, everything looks like a nail."

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Arkanus Andel said:

Boy oh boy this thread really came back with a vengeance now didn't it?

Klytyna? We get it - you had a horrible experience on Mainland, mistakenly believed that some users that post here somehow have the clout to make actual demands of the Lindens concerning Mainland and Private Island finances (among other things) and that you 'lost patience' with it all.

Your attitude here isn't helping you at all. It's a forum, people have differing opinions on a wide variety of topics. You act as though your experiences are the only ones that count and that simply isn't true.

Put the Betelgeuse sized chip on your shoulder down.

BilliJo? We get that you honestly believe Premium has all of these oh so wonderful perks, really we do. See here's the thing, as has been pointed out to you before they are perks for you. You pay $72 a year and break even? That's wonderful, your account was created and signed up for Premium at a time where that is actually possible. You get what, L$400 a week? Current Premium Stipend is L$300 a week, that's not breaking even. That is $57.60 a year at the present exchange rate.

Not knowing even that much is part of the reason why some have been responding to you the way they have.

The way you've come off so far hasn't really helped much either.

I already posted that i get about 5 dollar a month in Lindens (300) a week, Tier for a 512 is 5 dollars a month so... 5 dollars  in Lindens, plus 5 dollars in free tier... 10 dollars in benefits each a month for a payment of 6 dollars... omg I make money every month, its an even better deal than I though, and its not just a deal for me, its a deal for everyone that pays premium for a year up front. 

So, you don't want to go premium, don't, but don't try and tell me i don't know what i'm talking about.

6 hours ago, Klytyna said:

Take the $72 a year premium fee, subtract the $60 or so of 'free money' and you basically end up with paying $1 a month for a 512, that works out at a per region rate of $128 per month compared to a full island region rate of $295 per month and a full grandfathered island rate of $195 per month. It's the Tier subsidy that makes the 'break even'.

16 hours ago, Tari Landar said:

Dear lord....you still don't get it. They are benefits..FOR YOU..not FOR ALL.  IT's not a matter of refusing to see them as benefits, it's a matter of them not *being* so, period. 

Why are you unable to accept that you don't have the only valid opinion here? 

I guess this is the point where I bow out of a circular, dizzying, and rather one-sided, conversation.....probably having more to do with a broken hand and being thoroughly stuck in crabapple 'I don't have patience for ignorance" mode :)

Have a great day! 

Its the same benefit for everyone that pays for premium, are you trying to tell me you won't get 5 dollars a month in Lindens and 5 dollars a month in tier for your payment of 6 dollars?

Do you buy Lindens? Do you rent land? if the answer is yes and yes, then those are benefits you yourself will also get if you sign up for premium.

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

Its the same benefit for everyone that pays for premium, are you trying to tell me you won't get 5 dollars a month in Lindens and 5 dollars a month in tier for your payment of 6 dollars?

Do you buy Lindens? Do you rent land? if the answer is yes and yes, then those are benefits you yourself will also get if you sign up for premium.

Alright, last time I intend to engage in this, let me break this down a different way...maybe then you'll get it.

I don't need to buy lindens at this time. I also don't need land at this time. Therefore, the "benefits" are not "benefits" for me.  I have, multiple times now, accepted that they are indeed benefits for you, and even others. Why can you not accept that they are not benefits for me, and others? For some of us, Pamela gave you a fine example, the downfalls outweigh the perks. I hadn't even taken that into account..but she's dead right on that one. For me, the cost doesn't justify the means, it truly is that simple.

I don't want to pay LL just for them to give me things I don't need..it would be a waste of money. If I did need them, they'd be benefits..they would be the only ones(stipend and land), but they would be benefits. I don't make a habit of paying for things I have no use for, I have better things to spend my money on.

IF LL ever offered better perks, better benefits..I'd reconsider, just as I would if I actually needed these things...right now, that is not the case.

If you still can't understand it, then I don't believe I can help whatsoever. Willful ignorance is most certainly a foe..not a friend :) 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Tari Landar said:

Alright, last time I intend to engage in this, let me break this down a different way...maybe then you'll get it.

I don't need to buy lindens at this time. I also don't need land at this time. Therefore, the "benefits" are not "benefits" for me.  I have, multiple times now, accepted that they are indeed benefits for you, and even others. Why can you not accept that they are not benefits for me, and others? For some of us, Pamela gave you a fine example, the downfalls outweigh the perks. I hadn't even taken that into account..but she's dead right on that one. For me, the cost doesn't justify the means, it truly is that simple.

I don't want to pay LL just for them to give me things I don't need..it would be a waste of money. If I did need them, they'd be benefits..they would be the only ones(stipend and land), but they would be benefits. I don't make a habit of paying for things I have no use for, I have better things to spend my money on.

IF LL ever offered better perks, better benefits..I'd reconsider, just as I would if I actually needed these things...right now, that is not the case.

If you still can't understand it, then I don't believe I can help whatsoever. Willful ignorance is most certainly a foe..not a friend :) 

They are a benefit to anyone buying a membership. If you don't see them as benefits, if you see no value in what a membership gets you, then don't buy a membership. Its that simple. 

Whats the problem here?

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 380 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.