Invisible mountain blocking elevated house entrance ??

Mase

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4038 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi, this is gunna be a strange one. I've no idea what I've done, but there seems to be like an invisible mountain stopping me going up to my elevated house. It's not just where the house is, i can walk so far up the stairs.. jump up onto what ever it is invisible, then walk around on it. It takes up a good portion of the parcel I've got ( 6144 m2 ). Why I call it a mountain is cause when I'm walking around on it.. it has highs n lows through out it an it slopes down towards the ground in places... tis exactly like a mountain. The house I have is set into a small grassy hill type thing.. with stilts etc holding it up and water all around. I've no idea what I've done. In all honesty I wasn't doing anything near the house. I linked some stuff which I've done before with out a problem. I just don't know what it is or why it's there. I can't right click on it to lock on n see what it is.. I can't do anything other then walk around on it. I'm thinking I'm going to have to delete everything n start again. But I don't know if doing that will fix what ever it is either. Here's hoping someone can help with this one. If your needing to see it by all means, IM me if your in world n I'll send a tp. Thanks for your time once again. Any help would be very much appreciated. Gods if you can help with this one, I'll shout you a beer. * grins *

6 answers to this question

Sounds like a ghost prim but I've never come across one so large as this. Ghost prims are invisible and unselectable. The best way to remove ghost prims is to have the sim restarted. If a private region, ask the private region owner or manager. If mainland, ask Linden Lab support.

• Like 1

Have you tried turning on highlight transparent to see if something is there?

1. Choose World > Show > Advanced Menu to enable the Advanced menu.
  2. Chooose Advanced > Highlighting and Visibility > Highlight Transparent or press Ctrl-Alt-T.

Doing this makes invisible objects visible and highlighted red.

• Like 2

It could be a ghost prim, as Nyll says, or it could be the bounding box on a BIG (house-sized) mesh or sculpty object that wasn't made very well.  You might try opening your Develop menu (CTRL + Alt + Q) and then Render Metadata >> Physics Shapes to see what it looks like and what it might be associated with.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4038 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.