More than 1 voice instance on network causes failure?

Flame Swenholt

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4038 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

When I am on my network, I can log two clients on at the same time with voice active with two machines. At my friends' place, however only one person can use voice. If more than one instance is active on the network, it wil cause voice to cut out on everyone's end. When I am at my own place and they both have voice active, I can hear them perfectly fine and they report cut outs on their own ends (so I assume outgoing signals aren't the problem).

The routers we both have are the same, with the service providers being different. Is there any idea what is going on here?

Check the bandwidth at both places.  (Open google search, type in bandwidth.  You will see web sites that will run a test for you) 

You will probably find  a much lower bandwidth at the place that has voice limitations.   If the ISP is not delivering the claimed bandwidth, complain.  If the bandwidth is as claimed, consider getting an increase.  That will cost a little more and may not be possible if the ISP is the phone company.  

TKR

Without seeing detailed trace information, it's not possible to say with certainty, but it probably is not a bandwidth issue (that would most likely manifest as degraded quality, not lost connections).

It is possible that the provider your friend is using is running everything through a NAT and/or other intrusive packet processing that is not correctly mapping the two sessions.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4038 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.