I hate mesh!

Caemlyn Witherspoon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2921 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

TheG0t wrote:

Dear baby boomer..

If it is the political back drop in RL .

Or a new way to design  in SL , you people just have to argue and cry out to every one your anger in having to deal with change...

Sorry the world can not be the 1980s forever or the things on the net are fast paced and change all the time.

The ageist crack wasn't really necessary - was it?

Can people not post their opinion without first degrading someone else's?

So not everyone wants to be a fashion clone. So not everyone wants the same shape. Nothing wrong there.

I agree w/Penny it isn't mesh as a thing the OP hates but how it is today. To me that was obvious and she said what parts about it she hates. She didn't say mesh is evil must never be used at all. She didn't say all new things are bad. She didn't say progress is evil.

Nothing changes without complaints. Nothing improves without some criticism. 

Mesh has a long way to go. I want to learn how to make mesh. I had an idea years ago to make interchangeable standard size body parts and heads for avatars (ETA: of a wide variety) and then clothes and accessories to fit them all. Someone will get there before I do. That's the future. Customizable standard pieces individually suited. As unique as you want. But when you get the product it's one piece - and everything - hair, shoes, clothes, accessories, actually fit.

Maybe not that either. But mesh has a long way to go. It's true, the good old stuff isn't always so good. Not everything brand new is perfect either.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agrees with you.  Mesh looks unnatural to me.  I have tried it, don't like it, and the creativity seems limited.  I think the Jessica Rabbit hair...so static looks awful so will take flexi  hair in my chest any day.  Mesh accessories are cool if not rigged.  Mesh is gonna have to go a lot further along before invest in it.  I personally don't wish to look like others either.

Morgaine Christensen wrote:

Mesh accessories are cool if not rigged.

Rigged mesh pants look pretty cool too (when they fit properly).  Rigged mesh feet are adorable.  Many other rigged clothing items look great too (again if they fit well).  Long mesh hair cannot look natural as mesh cannot be flexi.

system-vs-mesh-pants-2.jpg

• 1 month later...

I know it's been a month and a half since the last post; but, I have been searching through the forums regarding mesh and stumbled upon this thread.  I have to mostly agree with the OP about mesh - I can't say I absolutely hate it; but, I can say I do not like it for the most part and I sure do not want to be a clone of 1/6 the SL female population.  I don't do big boobs - so I could care less about the Tango and Lolos (or whatever they're called).  I like a bit of jiggle I have for my smallish boobs and smallish behind.  

I've been popping around SL for the past week after taking a long break from here due to personal issues.  I've grabbed a lot of hunt items, a lot of demos, and some freebies.  I've tried on so much mesh it's making my head swim.  At least 50 percent of it is crap IMHO - it reminds me of the glued on clothes and hair of IMVU which is a move backward technologically for SL in my view.  

I see the merits of using mesh for some things; however, I dropped out of about 3 or 4 groups as all they do is mesh and their mesh stinks big time.  Their flexi stuff was fantastic - thankfully I've got quite a bit of their stuff left over in my inventory.  I like hair that moves and doesn't look like it's glued down with Super Glue and men's hair gunk from the 1950's like the mesh hair looks (most of it that I've tried).  Also, the dresses - I want the nice flowing clothing like in real life that looks so sexy when walking - I feel like my avi when dressed in mesh looks like a cloned Barbie doll that can walk and fly.  Heck, even back in the early 1960's, my Barbie dolls had beautiful flowing clothing items (some even homemade by my grandma).

But to each their own - some love mesh, some hate mesh, and still more are in between the love/hate paradigm.

• 2 years later...

I'm not sure about anyone else, but with all this mesh, when i'm in a group of people, that all have mesh bodies, mesh clothes, mesh hair, mesh god knows what, my video card crashes and hard. I have a G-Force 7300, granted not the top of the line but about 10x's better than i used to have, and it just can not handle all that moving mesh in one place. I love some of the clothes, and i buy hair thats a mix of mesh and flexi, so thats all good, and i could probably live without my mesh body, if i could keep the feet and and hands. I think it is the next move for SL, and probably will get better with time, but for now, im avoiding crowds.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2921 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.