ZHAO Revisited

Amaranthim Talon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4043 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello folks~

I am at a loss here and I need help. First to be clear and open, I should let you all know I am mostly in an OS world, InWorldz to be exact, so I am not goign to pretend this is exclusively for SL. I do still have a presence and a business in SL so very possible anything I manage to do will end up in SL at soem point. 

OK- that having been said- I am currently working on an AO for a machine avatar. I have a bobbing sort of standard animation to do the stands and flights etc- but I want a unique one for turning right and left. I cannot seem to make those animations play at all in the AO.

The standard and prevalent one is loaded at priority four. I had tried it at priority 3 but found that the built in default walk was over riding my walk! Problem now is that the turn right and turn left are being over ridden by my walk. These are also P4 since lower seems self defeating.

I need help on understanding how to upload or how to manage the AO- so that the turns will over ride the walk and play as separate anims.

Any help that you folks can provide wil be greatly appreciated as I simply cannot figure this one out on my own though yes I have been reading the wiki.

Thank you again.

The turning left/right llGetAnimation states were only added to the main OpenSim project in late 2011, it is very possible that some grids are not using those patches yet.

You could try a quicky script with a timer, that sends llGetAnimation results to something like llSetText, and see if those states are even happening on the inworldz simulators.

default{    state_entry()    {        llSetTimerEvent(0.2);    }        timer()    {        llSetText(llGetAnimation(llGetOwner()), <1.,1.,1.>, 1.);    }}

• Like 1

Inworldz has not implemented the turn animation states.

They have implemented the CHANGED ANIMATION event however,  so using timer based AO's is a poor design choice.  I have repeatedly brought this to the attention of guides and whatever devs willing to listen.  My conversion kit and non-polling AO have been removed from the freebie area despite the impact the polling based ones are having on performance.

You can convert a ZHAO CORE script to utilize the new event by adding the following 2 lines in the existing change event handler...

if (change & CHANGED_ANIMATION)
            checkAndOverride();

You can then disable the timer by changing 1 other line of code..

*************************** code ************
     // How fast we should poll for changed anims (as fast as possible)
     // In practice, you will not poll more than 8 times a second.
     float timerEventLength = 0.25;
*************************************** end of code

REPLACE WHATEVER NUMBER IS AFTER THE = with 0.0.....   so the line looks like this....
     float timerEventLength = 0.0;

This will force the same override check every time the animation state changes.  Unfortunately,  the Inworldz devs branched before the addition of the left and right turn patches. 

• Like 1

Hi- Apologies for not having gotten back to you sooner- 

I have now confirmed that yes indeed, IW has not implemented the part of the code that wd make this work. I did create a mantis (IW version of jira) so hopefuly as they thru the bigger priorities they will take cae of this. Meantime, I will look at your helpful answers and see what I can do to make this aspect work.

Thank you both so much for your help.

And thanks specifically for this, Dz. I am not scripter by any stretch but will take a look. Re stuff being removed from IDI, I understand there was some cleaning and requests to move things around- it is possible if they not get a response things were returned. No idea really, but just considering as the possibility.

Thanks again.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4043 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.