Messages filling up my screen with the statement from avi YuMadBro0" -racist comments incl

One Rhiadra

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4004 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have been getting this message...it fills up my screen ...it comes in multiples and each message box contains a different number that the "bug" is coming in on...constantly changing number with each new batch of messages that appear...they accumulate and I cannot get rid of them.  I tried using my firestorm viewer with no luck...I tried deleting the sl viewer from my computer and re-downloading the same thing.  A friend who uses the location that I was on came ot to see if it happened to her...and it did...Additionally the name Angelique Brinner comes up on the messages.  This problem started today noon EST.

10 answers to this question

1. Identify the sender in your chat, and then mute it/him/her. 

2. File an Abuse Report containing as much information as you can gather about the offending object, its owner, and its creator.

3. Right click on the name of the sending object in your chat window (probably in green) and note its location. Visit the location and, if possible, delete or return the object. It may be trransparent, so you will need to highlight it with CTRL +_ Alt + T to see it.  If it is spewing a cloud of particles to mask its position, cancel particles with CTRL + Shift + Alt + = .  If you cannot do all of these things, contact the owner of your sim, who has access to estate tools for removing unwanted objects and can ban the offender.

4. Protect your parcel against fuure icidents by being sure that you have checked the boxes in About Land >> Options to prevent non-group members from rezzing objects or bringing foreign objects into your parcel. 

• Like 1

Happened to me also, i am a landlord, and several of my lands have been affected by this, these guys (or just 1 who knows) are ruining the mainland with these kind of Attacks, and LL is not even able to prevent at all this, a shame after 10 years since SL started i would say.

Regarding that specific alt (YuMAdBro0 Resident), seems that he or LL deleted his account, so is not even possible block his objects now, because if you try to add the name on the blacklist it will not be found.

Personally no, i dont think it s something like that though, the alts that the griefer use are all new, so seems like he s making a lot of alts, going on all regions on the mainland with "entry object" on, and rezzing the main cube that will spread out all the other autoreproducing ones.

On my lands i have 2 differnent kid of Attacks, one just rotating black cubes, and the other one, used more than the previous one, with bigger cubes that spam like 20 times per second with popups saying "GOONSQUAD GOONSQUAD" or "GOONSQUAD ARMY IS RAPING YOUR SIMS **bleep**".

If you were right about the "virus kind object", we should see normal resident as owners of these objects, and not newbies with less than 1 day.

OOooo! That second one IS the ExDepart object. GoonSquad is one of the current versions. We have had 3 or 4 other people with exactly that same complaint this week so far. Follow the procedure on that wiki page I provided in my last note. It's not easy, but it works. I have had to do it myself.

The first type you describe is a simple replicator (possibly with a particle bomb). Those are fairly simple to delete if you just use the Top Scripts tool in your Estate/Region tools to identify the owner and return them. Then file an AR and ban the guy.

Maybe you dont got it, but, this issue is going on around all the mainland, not on the private regions, where an estate owner can fix himself, on mainland you can fix the problem on your land, but you still see and being spammed by the objects that are still on the lands of your neighbours

Yes. On the mainland, you do need to rely on a LL techie for something like this one since you don't have sim-level authority. When you file a support ticket, be sure that you include information that this is behaving like the ExDepart griefer object, and include photos if you can.

I got a pop up in my land that read "GOONDSQUAD ARMY RAPING YOUR SIM N&^*"

My neighboring sims told me they received the pop up also. Apparently one of my neighbor sims has allowed object entry into his land so a griefer was allowed to rez his griefing items which have taken over his sim completely (sim name Green Goblin). The only thing we will get is a pop up message. Just report it with a snap shot and block it. I have heard this is the new thing now. 

If you can to protect yoursel block object entry into your land and assign specific roles to the people you allow to rez objects. Or even allow the land itself to clean up after an hour or so.griefing.jpg

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4004 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.