listen to someone elses story befor you take action,just using a combat hud to protect and youbanme

jstaggs1234

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4048 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

he griefed me first and i use a combat hud to protect myself you all are bullcrap.

HE GOT NO PUNISHMENT

It's kinda hard when you get banned so fast you can't file one.

Haha the LL way is that like sucking each other off and Doing 1 thing for once.

lol i wanted to work for LL but ill work somewhere else.I seee its gay and they all have foreign objects stuck up there but. No wonder people start rebellion.Even a **bleep**ing linden turned on his own.Man these groups consist of PN NIGHTMARE DENCH, ETC i guess they really do have a reason

Sure

Justice will never be served.

**bleep** it ill just wait the bann out.

And for lindal kidd tou know damn well i accidentally rezzed a bad thing that some one gave me and it took me 55mins to find all and delete

8 answers to this question

Follow up on related posts: http://community.secondlife.com/t5/qanda/questionpage/blog-id/sla_account/article-id/19386 & http://community.secondlife.com/t5/qanda/questionpage/blog-id/sla_abuse_and_griefing/article-id/5525

Lets review shall we.

1) Someone "Wrongs" you in a region where you are NOT allowed to use Combat HUDs.

2) You "Wrong" that person in a region where you are NOT allowed to use Combat HUDs.

3) You or the "other" complain to Linden Lab.

Usual Outcome: You both will get Banned and/or put on an administrative Time Out for :

1) Breaking the Terms of Services rules

2) Being Dumb and not behaving like adults.

Moral: It doesn't matter who wronged who in a place where you are suppose to do no wrong!!!!!

BTW: This is a Resident to Resident Answer Service. There are no Lindens working or loitering here. Your bans and/or administrative punishments are from other people filing Abuse Reports against your avatar.

Response to "He got no Punishment" - So lets look at that. Did you file an Abuse Report against him? And in doing so admit you also broke the LL TOS? You effectively AR'd yourself.

LL had all they needed if this was the case to ban/administratively punish you. Your claim against your"friend" will be processed in the usual LL way and YOU will not be informed of the findings.

If this was not the case then he or others filed a AR on you immediately.

No one wins in these "pissing" matches.

P.S. - I see by your sterling inter-personal communication style that you are clearly not a fit for the Linden Lab organization. Might I suggest a position in self employment where you don't have to come into direct contact with other human beings?

• Like 7

Brava, KarenMichelle!

jstaggs, Karen is just pointing out what I tell all my students in my Avatar Safety class.  DON'T seek revenge on a griefer!  If you do, they are within their rights to Abuse Report you, and you get, as you found out, a ban or a suspension.

"He shot me first" is not an acceptable excuse.

Besides which, I recognize you.  You are the fellow who flew all over my region and the surrounding ones this weekend, sowing particle poofers everywhere you went.  Justice is served.

• Like 4

jstaggs1234 wrote:

he griefed me first and i use a combat hud to protect myself you all are bullcrap.

Well, that's a big no-no. Lesson learned.

HE GOT NO PUNISHMENT

Impossible for you to know that.

It's kinda hard when you get banned so fast you can't file one.

Some griefers just wait until you grief them back just so they can AR you. Again, lesson learned.

Haha the LL way is that like sucking each other off and Doing 1 thing for once.

Huh?

lol i wanted to work for LL but ill work somewhere else.

I'm sure they'll be real broken up about it, too. I know I will be...

I seee its gay and they all have foreign objects stuck up there but.

Yep. You'll be missed.

• Like 2

To be completely fair, he said someone else had "attached a HUD" to him and he couldn't figure out how to stop it. But when I approached him I was knocked about by a shield device. And why didn't he just log off? Whether someone did it to him or he was doing it deliberately, it's still his responsibility.

Applauds for Karen ; ) 

jstaggs1234 i know it's easier to be frustrated and point fingers at the bad company who banned for for a few days than actually facing you should have just stepped away.

Griefing never touched me on a personal level. I deal with its outcome, remove what has to be removed, possibly file a report and remain calm. Not much fun for a griefer there. 

Simple psychologic rule: they simply will give up if you don't react wildly. Its no fun for them. And you gonna be the smiling one at the end when they are the only ones being banned.

Just take it as a lesson and see it with a grine - it's the best you can do, and just don't repeat it the same way again in future.

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4048 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.