Sign in to follow this  
lilli Luv

Hallo, was eine Alpha-Textur ist und wo setzt man sie ein?

Question

I apologize for answering in English.  The forum will not allow me to post my answer in German. :smileymad:

An alpha texture is a texture that creates invisibility. It is used to make parts of an object or an avatar transparent. If you buy mesh clothing, for example, you will discover that the designer has also provided a customized alpha texture to hide certain parts of your body.  If you forget to wear the alpha texture, those parts of your body might be visible.  You wear an alpha texture that same way that you wear any other standard clothing item such as a shirt.

• Like 1

4 answers to this question

I apologize for answering in English.  The forum will not allow me to post my answer in German. :smileymad:

An alpha texture is a texture that creates invisibility. It is used to make parts of an object or an avatar transparent. If you buy mesh clothing, for example, you will discover that the designer has also provided a customized alpha texture to hide certain parts of your body.  If you forget to wear the alpha texture, those parts of your body might be visible.  You wear an alpha texture that same way that you wear any other standard clothing item such as a shirt.

• Like 1

Alphatexturen oder Alphalayer sind durch ein graues mit Rastern gekennzeichnetes Shirt im Inventar dargestellt und haben als Aufgabe einen Teil deines Avatars unsichtbar zu machen. Benutzt werden sie bei Meshkleidung und Schuhen und ueberall sonst, wo der Koerper nicht durchstechen soll.

Oh and Rolig, you can't answer easily in German because LL somehow thought it would be a great idea to ban several letters used in the language. Kind of racist and uncomfortable, if you ask me. :catfrustrated:

• Like 1

Oh, I know. I forget every time and then have to go back and remove all of the umlauts from my text. It takes so long that I get discouraged. The odd thing is that SOME people can still obviously use those characters.

@ Syo & Rolig, yepp it is annoying. Have to remind myself all the time to not type any 'umlaut' (the letters with the streaks on top of it) and still end up having to redo the whole text at the end and replacing them with ae/ue/oe/. *sigh*

• Like 1