Second Life is too expensive!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1907 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 2/2/2019 at 11:57 AM, entity0x said:

Hi, I just thought I'd come participate in this necro thread, and like many of the preceding and habitually off topic posters.. do the same.

Here's a tip to Staying On Topic: Reply to the OP, not to some random post that triggered you. Have a good day.

And who exactly are you again?

I'm so triggered

• Haha 2

You know, I love my Maitreya body. But, unlike so many people in here I don't do incremental upgrades. I laughed as my friends struggled spending hours trying to match prim breasts and butts to their skin color.

I boycotted mesh when it first appeared, and didn't even get a mesh enabled viewer until I had no choice. Then I started buying mesh clothes, but only if I could wear them without alpha layers. I totally passed on mesh hair as a disaster.

I finally bit the bullet and bought a mesh body (maitreya) when I had to admit my partner looked 1000 times hotter than me. So then, I fully embraced my mesh body, and deleted all my system clothes. I don't even use appliers any more, preferring fit mesh for everything. There are some amazing designers that sell clothes in fat packs for $99 L.

As of yet, I still haven't given up my flexi prim hair, however I do have a couple of mesh hairs for when I want to wear my hair in a different style (top knot, pony tail, braids.

And.. a mesh head has zero interest to me. When I can wear a mesh head and set the sliders to EXACTLY match the look of my system head, then I'll think about it.

Is Second life expensive? It's only as expensive as you want it to be. For the hours I spend in here, and how much money I spend every month, it works out to pennies an hour.

So no, Second Life is NOT expensive.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1907 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.