Purchase Issue

MyriamLeClaire

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4042 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi, I'd like to know why I cannot buy Linden.. Each time I try it fails, and i've tryied over and over. It keeps on saying:

"There was a problem charging your payment method."

So.. what's the problem? I've bought a Premium Account using Paypal and it's ok, so why should I have this kind of issue? And aboveall, how can I solve it? 

Hope you will answer as soon as possible. Thank you.

9 answers to this question

Often the initial agreement can't be set up due to an unverified PayPal account. To use your PayPal account with Linden Lab, it must be verified and have a credit card on file as a backup funding source.

Linden Lab does not accept e-check (bank account) payments through PayPal because they cannot be processed quickly enough to match the instant delivery of virtual goods and services.  Therefore, we require that you have a credit card on file with PayPal as a backup payment source.

Be aware of your monthly limits. By default, your monthly spending limit with PayPal is set to USD $250.00. You can easily raise or lower that limit. See Using PayPal for more information.

If none of that makes sense, try calling the Billing Office and asking them.  If you have a non-technical issue related to billing concerns, you can call the Linden Lab billing team at the following toll-free numbers:

US/Canada: 800-294-1067
France: 0805-101-490
Germany: 0800-664-5510
Japan: 0066-33-132-830
Portugal: 800-814-450
Spain: 800-300-560
UK: 0800-048-4646
Brazil: 0800-762-1132

Long distance ( not free, but you can use Skype to save some cost ) : 703-286-6277
**Note: Support is offered only in English

As I said in my reply above, you ought to give the Billing Office a call for clarification about your own account if the basic information I provided doesn't explain things well enough. We are all SL residents like you, and do not have any way to look at your account information (thank goodness).

I'm not going to call anyone.. Things MUST work since I've payed ONCE.. It shouldn't be a problem of mine. Since it's going like this, I'm forced to leave SL. There is NO support, NO help, NO mail and tons of issues to face. And the best you can say is it me to call USA? from Italy? Please.. I'll just delete my account. Easy and just.

No support when you have the option to call Linden Lab for a clarification. OKies -  You did see these are basically Toll Free. You own local phone expenses are not covered of course. You can use Skype to offset the expense of the call.

BTW - Your PayPal account MUST be verified. Once it has that status you'll be able to buy Lindens in SL and from the Website. Verified comes in levels with PayPal. You will have to have a valid credit card associated with your PayPal account. The Credit Card option does not include the pre-charged debit cards backed by VISA. Credit Cards based on credit worthiness and Bank Debit cards associated with a checking account are fine.

Well enjoy your real life!

One thing is to say that my PP account must be verified, and another is to say that SL HAS to verify that.. As you can see this is not clear either.. Why the need to verify it if they accepted already once a payment from the same account? that makes no sense to me... Anyway I would have called the Linden Lab if the problem was caused by me.. But that's not the case..It's a matter of priniciple.

Sign onto your PayPal account and research the verified status. LL gets a threshold number when it tryst to bill out via PP. If your PP account is NOT secured by a Credit Card it does not present the minimum Verified level to LL. Thus you are rejected.

So in your opinion i'm discussing over and over without knowing if my PP account is verifyed or not? PP says my account IS VERIFIED. At its best level, as it says... So not a problem for me or PP itself.. All issues come with SL and LL.. the fact is that i've payed for a premium account and couldn't keep purchasing not even God knows why... Cause they don't notice you, they don't mail you and they couldn't make one last effort to make things clear, they just sentence.. Is there a way to have my money back at least? since I've bought a thing which I don't have the chance or the right to use?

Well then. Since your PayPal account is verified at the best possible level all you need to do is call the Linden Lab Billing department to see what the remaining issues are. Easy as pie! Good Luck!

Hint: Sometimes you need an Authorization Agreement set up with your PP account for the LL Billing Entity. Usually PP emails you or posts a message to your account page if this is required.

If you wish a refund then let's see what you have to do: You have to call the Linden Lab Billing department to request that.

US/Canada: 800-294-1067
France: 0805-101-490
Germany: 0800-664-5510
Japan: 0066-33-132-830
Portugal: 800-814-450
Spain: 800-300-560
UK: 0800-048-4646
Brazil: 0800-762-1132

The UK office may be less expensive for you to call from your location.

BTW: SL Answers is a Resident to Resident service. We are not employees of Linden Lab.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4042 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.