second life character shape

3zofe

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4043 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi,

Can I Convert second life shape in full rigid and weighted character mesh to 3d max ?

because I wanna the same shape to make clothes on it, I don't want the default SL avatar character. :matte-motes-mad:

If you are making clothes for sale, then I would use the shapes that come with the Standard Size Package on the marketplace.  If you use an avatar you create, then you are really going to limit your market as you clothes won't fit a lot of people and most people are not willing to make changes to their shape just to fit clothes.

Of course if you are making custom clothes for a specific avatar you will want to use their shape.

heya,

i keep reading that question of yours over and over again. 

And i wonder about the note that you do 'not' want the default avatar.

Regarding this note, every inbuilt avatar from secondlife is a 'default' avatar. There is one female and one male version. The only points that diffenciates them is the applied shape and morph slider values. So basically it's always the 'default' avatar.

But as Amethyst said, in case you plan on making clothing not only for yourself you should go with a set of generic versions of the SL avatar. For all custom cases the mentioned SLAV from wiz daxter will do the job.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4043 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.