Location of the payment transaction logs please? I can't find the Open_notifications.xml

jesstiffy

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4024 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Dear all,

Where is the location of the payment transaction logs please? The manual I am following says that it should be located at

C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\SecondLife\[resident_name]_resident\Open_notifications.xml

The log file should contain payment details for transactions including who items were purchased from, the price and item description.

The export xml file on the transactions page lists

C:\Users\Funmi Shennowo\AppData\Roaming\downloads but my downloads file is empty.

I am grateful for your help.

Kind regards.

3 answers to this question

I have not heard of a way to track transactions via that folder, or any  other. You can find transactions from the last 30 days here on the website, by going to the main page, clicking Account, Transaction History, and changing the date in the first field for as far back as you need it to go - again, up to 30 days. After that, unless you have MANUALLY saved the transaction history elsewhere, it's lost.

If the purchase was made on the marketplace, you can still find it there. Go to the marketplace, My Marketplace, Order History. ALL of your marketplace purchases are listed here, usually in chronological order from most to least recent.

• Like 1

I usually download my Transaction History as XLS instead of XML because I want to open it directly with Excel, but it should work the same way.  When you click the Download button you get the option to either open the file with an application or to save it.  If you elect to save the file, it goes wherever you specify or to your computer's default download folder. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4024 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.