Rigged mesh hands and feet

SLtesterL2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4046 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

TheAttic wrote:

I'd be interested in knowing if SLink's mesh parts are, indeed,  interactive/move-able... or stiff?

The Slink rigged mesh feet move the same way natural feet move , they are not stiff like sculpted feet.  They look great when dancing or doing other physical activities.

One of the other things I like about them  is that I was able to match my skin perfectly with them so I don't have to wear any ankle bracelet or strap at the join to the avatar mesh. I've tested them in all the graphic levels as well as asked other people if they see a line where they join my avatar and so far can report excellent results.

I can finally go truly barefoot in SL without ugly club feet and cankles!  A very liberating feeling.  While I will never give up my stilettos, I do I find myself going barefoot a lot more now.  My partner even went out and bought the men's version of them when he saw how well they worked and looked, so he has sexy feet now too. :smileywink:

Hands are a bit more difficult because hand animations are limited to a short list of LL provided ones and you can't rig the mesh to individual fingers.  Slink solves this by offering different versions of the hands that are in different positions some not available on the standard avatar hand..  But they are static.  You also have to buy a set for each hand position.  I ended up not buying them.  I didn't see much advantage to them over the regular hand with rigged mesh nails.  And it would have cost thousands to get all the different hand positions which you have to 'wear' one at a time. I can see though that they may be useful for photography, just can't justify spending that kind of money for regular use.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4046 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.