Sign in to follow this  
lizbeth2u

Seeking someone special but how do I find him?

Hi

thank you for your help, it is quite difficult for me to IM someone, but will go out of my comfort zone and try

as in RL I am always worried that I will be ignored or turned away. That is due to my RL self esteem issues.

But I'll step out and just do what you suggest, I do spend too much time in solitude, places where I am alone.

Thanks for your good advice

Elizabeth

The best way to pick up men on SL is to send him a naked picutre, and then get on skype and play with your **bleep**....

Sir I find your comments very crude and request you remove them. I did not ask for a man to make out with.

I am a real life lady and have high moral standards. If I wanted that I would dress my avi as a tramp, but if you look

At her you will see she is not a tramp but a classy lady. Which I am in real life

Your comments offend me .

What a poor minded being you are...what would Aubrey say to that? Did she also send you naked pictures of herself and masturbated in front of a webcam to make you love her?

In my opinion it isn't wise to go looking for love on SL, look for friendship and let things grow that way.  They do say that the best relationships come from friendships.  I hope I don't offend when I say this, but you come across as lonely rather than a "Me need man" type.

As others have said put yourself out there,  join groups and classes etc and the rest will follow.  Second Life is a wonderful place to find like minded people.

I wish you luck and happiness.

Hello

Wanted to reply to those of you that have sent sincere messages. I do realize I am just lonely, and that what I need is 

More good friends. As, in RL, it takes time for love to develop. So, I am just looking now for some true friends.

I do have one very special friend, but he will  not be online often during the summer months. However; the times

We spend together are very enjoyable. He is a true gentleman. This is the type I am looking for someone that doesn't come on wanting anything but a real friendship in SL. 

I am a very devoted and loyal friend. One that has found out I do not fit into clubs, nor role play groups. I am seeking  genuine friends. 

Will be traveling myself this summer so will not be in SL while abroad. Anyone here belong to the Road Scholar program? This is the group I am going to England with in August. 

Thanks to all of you that have tried to help me and to that one soul that seems to be miserable, well I  could have reported him but that is not who I am. 

Have a wonderful day 

Elizabeth

is true that there are a lots of shy people in SL

one way to overcome the shy part is to do how we do in RL

+

in RL is considered good manners when enter a room with other people in it is to say Hi to the room. so we do that even when we a little bit shy

so I encourage people to do same in SL. like when go to a club or a park or a garden say. then always say something in the open chat. like: hi! everyone (:

most times someone will say hi! back to you in the open chat. same like they do in RL. is a icebreaker. when they do then I usual follow up with a smile and say thanks

like:

hi! everybody (:

then some 1 or 2 or more people sometimes will say: hi! welcome

and you say: thanks (: how you doing?

or they say hi! welcome. how you doing?

and then you say: good thanks. how you going?

and just go from there

if I not been to the place before then I say something nice about it. after the Hi! Hi!. like: I not been here before. is a nice place this. I quite like this thing or that thing or whichever

which is true bc it might not be the nicest thing ever ever in the whole world but still quite nice

if is owner present then they say thanks (: if is patron/person then sometimes they say yes. I like it to

and so it goes

is how we do in RL. so do same in SL. introduce yourself to the room. compliment the host/place. stuff like that

+

after a bit of social open chat then the IMs start coming in. like is not a random phone call anymore bc you already introduce yourself. just by say Hi! at the start

people appreciate others who do this way. the good mannered introduction

sometimes when say Hi! to a room then nobody answer. so put on your list. not going there again. snobby bishes q; (: only 27,999 other places left to go. like you not say that in the open chat tho. lol not. is bad manners to say that out loud ever. but well! they are. and can stick themselves and their place up their own bum (:

but anyways

is lots of people just need a icebreaker. same like RL. good manners the no. 1 icebreaker. is the best and quickest way to make and keep friends

is more easy to do good manners in the open chat. bc you not have to take it personal if it not goes much/any further. like you done the good manners way. and you can know that. so is ok

Hi there!

thanks for all the great tips! I will most definitely try your suggestions next time I'm at a place. Often I must admit

To not saying anything. Although lately I have spoken in open chat and only the greeter would reply.

As you well said, if that happens ,,,,,,,,, just mark that place off my list and do not return. 

There are so many lovely places to try so hopefully I'll meet some friendly people while out and about.

I do have to say today while at the Botanical Gardens( where I leave my avi) I was just sitting on a bench

Looking out at the sunset and found a man sitting there beside me. He started up a conversation with me!

I did have to leave due to real life, but he was nice. And, a first for someone to actually speak to me first!

So, wish me luck, as at least now someone has complimented me on my avi and on my profile. Which

Is more important to me than what my avi looks like ( my own personal notes)

Have a wonderful day everyone!!

Elizabeth

That's great...two things, though

First: If you go to a club or a bar or something like that...you can't really just say hello in open chat. You kind of get drowned out by the thousands of conversations that are going on there. You can comment on a situation or a comment, but don't necessarilly expect a reply.

Second: Great about the guy..did you add him to your friend's list?? Did you bookmark the place where you met him? I would also go into his profile (provided you friended him) and in the 1st life tab, write a few comments on what you talked about and where you two met. Will make it easier when you see him again.

Congrats on being able to strike up a conversation...keep it going. Good luck!!

Hi Tex

Thanks for the suggestions! He did ask me to become friends, and after I checked his profile I agreed.

Never knew I could add comments to someone's profile. This is news to me. I know exactly where we met

as I go there often. The Botanical Gardens. It is my safe place where I often go and leave my avi. ( as I do not

have  a place of my own. Hopefully one day I can rent a place. One of my few friends said that premium membership was not that good) ( even though he is a premium member?)

I'm also very conscious of what I let my avi wear. As I do not want to give the wrong impression. If you look

at my profile you will see I (my  avi) wears mostly formal gowns. But, realize I need to add jeans and casual attire

as many places I would be out of place in my formals. 

again many thanks for all the great suggestions!!

Elizabeth

Tex Monday wrote:

That's great...two things, though

First: If you go to a club or a bar or something like that...you can't really just say hello in open chat. You kind of get drowned out by the thousands of conversations that are going on there. You can comment on a situation or a comment, but don't necessarilly expect a reply.

yes you right. can get overwhelmed in a packed room bc of all the noise. but you say Hi! anyway and see how it goes. is never going to go anywhere hardly ever like never when you don't

whenever anyone says: hi everyone (: then I always will say hi [theirname] (: back in the chat. even if I am a stranger to them. and it don't matter who is the host or whos parcel it is. it don't matter to me either how noisy it is. they will see me do this. and appreciate that I cared enough to recognize them. even in a crowded noisey room

is the good manners thing to do that way. quite a few people do this. and can end up having quite a nice long chat to them IM just bc they can see right at the start that you got at least that much in common

+

edit add. I just want to say that crowded noisey gesturing rooms are often the loneliest of all places. lonely people go to them bc of the people there. so they not have to be alone. and yet if no one is chatting then it can be even more lonely. like the loneliest of all. so just break the ice. and go: Hi! everybody (:

+

add more (:

is quite surprising how quickly a place can take on a good vibe. just by people saying hi! to each other in the open. like a companionship forms. within a few weeks a derelict club or garden soon becomes a vibrant place. just bc people are doing this. people tell each other about it. is a nice place that. friendly people. so they go and end up staying as well

Id say, go, look for a hobby?

Is it Building, Zooby Babies, Shooting Zombies, Sailing, Race driving, Mermaiding.... theres probably at leaste one group of likeminded people around wich has exactly your interest.And other people in it, who have the same interest than you.

I guess, keeping the Avatar attractive also helps a lot, for an initial bridging.

A trick i love to get up chat was an indirect IM.. As our Avatars cant use nonverbial flirting, try to IM a person with somthing like:

/me looks over to you shyly, her eyes attracted by..*whatever something interesting on their AV* studying it....  or /me peeks over to you, try ing to net let you know...  .or some other pure emote.  

TariChar wrote:

Id say, go, look for a hobby?

Is it Building, Zooby Babies,
Shooting Zombies
, Sailing, Race driving, Mermaiding.... theres probably at leaste one group of likeminded people around wich has exactly your interest.And other people in it, who have the same interest than you.

/me eeeps and shuffles off to the harbor.

With a smile on my face I send my thanks to all that have written replies to my message.

Since my last post I've met someone that is so nice, now "only time will tell if we become close"

I have to say he is one very interesting man that puts a smile on my face being around him.

So, again thanks for all the wonderful suggestions. I do appreciate each one

Have a wonderful day

Lizbeth

Do not hang your rl hopes in sl honey. No one comes to us easily in rl, the same in sl, maybe for the same reasons. The only one secret is to be sincere, with our life. Τhe most important is to be honest and consistent with our thoughts and our actions, just as it requires real life. But nobody forbids us to be liars or hypocrites or whatever else we can not be in real life. Such people we meet everywhere, and here. Do not hesitate to talk to people and say what you think. So you will be able to observe very clearly the consequences of your words and thoughts:) This seems to be the most fun side of human relationships in here :)

Hi everyone:matte-motes-bashful-cute-2:

since I last posted that note,,,,,,,,,. Well, that ended rather quickly

So, back to just finding new friends to hang out with and explore with. Other things

That are fun in sl.

I've just given up frankly on finding anyone special. Will leave that to those equipped

For this reality.

Ah, to be what I am and not what I am not. ( perhaps no one understands this except for myself)

Off to the RL world. Where I am considered an upright citizen and very proper.

That may be my problem with SL ... :smileyfrustrated:

Thanks to all that have tried to offer advice, leaving this off from now on

Have a wonderful day

lizbeth