when are we going to see improvements to the Avatars frame in the form of toe's we have fingers.

Yummy Fairlady

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4052 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

when are we going to see improvements to the Avatars frame in the form of toe's we have fingers, Why not toe's wasn't thought impotant or what Avatars feet are ugly at present and surely is is a wire frame ajustmemt to accodate the toes and maybe a change in the templests, yours Yummy Fairlady.

<script id="overlay_tmpl" type="text/html">// <div id="<%= overlayId %>" class="_mp3rocket_overlay_style" style="left: <%= overlayLeft %>; top: <%= overlayTop %>; width: <%= overlayWidth %>; height: <%= overlayHeight %>"></div> // </script>

5 answers to this question

Take a number and get in line.  People have been asking for all sorts of changes to the basic avatar since Day One.  Personally, I doubt that they will ever happen, especially now that creators can make and sell custom avatars.  If Linden Lab ever had an incentive to modify the basic avatar, they certainly don't any more. If you want an av with toes, find a mesh artist to build you one or just wait until some enterprising merchant does it and start selling it in Marketplace.  Meanwhile, just shop for mesh feet that you can wear as attachments to coverf/replace your own.  Almost all of the big shoe stores sell them now. :smileywink:

• Like 1

At a guess? Never. Everybody asks, and it would be lovely, but with so much user-created content out there to cover the wonky bits of the default avatar mesh, LL doesn't really have the motivation to do something about the default avatar mesh. There's prim/mesh feet, prim nails, mesh avatars, prim/mesh hands, etc. Most likely, LL will never fix what's wrong because they don't need to; users have done it for them. It's not an ideal solution, which would be to just have a nicer mesh in the first place, but we DO have some very nice alternatives.

I do sense a bit of a fascination with toes...But I also agree with you. The default feet are UGLY, club-shaped blocks. Which is why I always, always, always wear either shoes or mesh bare feet.

I disagree with my esteemed forum colleagues.  I think that the very fact that merchants are now making partial and full Mesh avatars will eventually spur LL to revamp the "standard" avatar mesh.

They've done this before, when clever creators have made things to get around Second Life limitations.  The introduction of avatar physics...after the Emerald viewer team developed their own version.  The creation of megaprims up to 64m in size.  The increase of unrestricted flight from about 200m to 5,000m.

When LL sees people want these things, they tend to provide them.  Plus, having a standard avatar mesh would get us out of the problem of having to create "appliers" for several different mesh avatars or attachments, and of being "locked in" to one merchant's clothing line, because it works with their line of mesh avatars.

Plus, the existence of detailed mesh avatars provides definitive proof that such items won't lag regions and viewers to a standstill.

At least, that is my optimistic take on it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4052 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.