How to sub-divide around my skybox...

Tuski1488311805

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4028 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

2 answers to this question

If I properly understand the situation,  you want to cut out a small parcel which contains your skybox way up in the air.

What I would do, I think, since the skybox is already rezzed, is -- while you are in your skybox --  right-click on the skybox, open the edit window, and make a note of its position, its rotation and the x and y dimensions of its base.

Then go to the ground, rez a prim, and size it to the skybox's x and y dimensions.   Position it with the same x and y as the skybox's position, make sure it's rotated to the same angle as the skybox, and then you can mark out a small parcel to contain it.

You certainly can create a separate parcel for your skybox...but...

...it won't give you any additional privacy.  Let's say you put your skybox at 2500m, and then you restrict access to its parcel to group members only.  Ban lines will appear around your skybox parcel.  BUT, they will only go up to 50 meters, so the kids can still fly or teleport in and jump on the bed.

Well, there is a solution to that.  Instead of a general ban, ban your kids from the parcel specifically, by name, in the parcel access tab.  THAT ban will extend all the way up to 5,000 meters.  But really...don't you think putting a parcel ban on your kids is going to damage family unity?  That sort of treatment is usually reserved for griefers.

Instead, get a security orb tor the skybox, set it to protect the skybox and a bit of the surroundings, and then don't add the kiddies to the access list.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4028 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.