No imagination neccessary....

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4048 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thoroughly tickled to see that Berry used something I made in one of her pictures, and I'm rather pleased, personally, that LL has started to showcase a bit of what's aesthetically -possible- in SL, instead of leaning on the old 2006 look to coax new members into the experience.

In this image, Berry actually opted to use the "modesty" system layers I included with the outfit, for those people who didn't want their pink bits (or brown bits, or blue bits, or furry bits, or scaley bits.. etc) flashing all over the grid. 

So I thought I'd pop in to add a note, that while her avatar might be at least 5% covered, she could have dropped it to 2.5%! 

<3 Evie. xo 

Amethyst Jetaime wrote:

Suspiria Finucane wrote:

PS I didn't know modesty was the topic here.

Then what was your point in asking the question? 

A forum is designed to inspire conversation. This topic, however thought provoking, did just that, regardless of how some may have perceived it.

This thread has brought the creator of the avatar into the discussion and I, for one, am grateful. Strawberry and I are connected on many social media outlets advancing SL awareness. The avatar is very well done creatively and some people have gained knowledge from the conversation. I truly hope the creator benefits from the public awareness. How often do people know who creates the avatars on the SL home page?

The end result is a thread that, with a few exceptions, served the greater good. I see that as a positive.

PS The plethora of clairvoyance on this forum is prodigious.

Strawberry Singh wrote:

Since you guys were wondering, I thought I'd share a raw shot of the picture, with no photoshop:

Also yes, those are the SLink mesh feet, all of my style credits to that image are available on my blog here:

And I'm not always half naked, sometimes I wear more clothes.
:D

Thanks to everyone for appreciating the pic! <3

Thank you so much for posting. Kudos on the avatar :matte-motes-smile:

Pussycat Catnap wrote:

The scanty nature of the image is the last thing that bothers me about it.

While they have begun to add the 'token colored' to somewhere a few clicks in on a slideshow that does not autoplay so many never even know... the first slide still seems to be a whites only playground - even when it has more than one person on it.

But the outfit, I find playful and almost conservative in the style of bikini fairy.

Perhaps you should submit your avatar to them. You have always been very creative. :matte-motes-wink:

Suspiria Finucane wrote:

Amethyst Jetaime wrote:

Suspiria Finucane wrote:

A forum is designed to inspire conversation. This topic, however thought provoking, did just that, regardless of how some may have perceived it.

This thread has brought the creator of the avatar into the discussion and I, for one, am grateful. Strawberry and I are connected on many social media outlets advancing SL awareness. The avatar is very well done creatively and some people have gained knowledge from the conversation. I truly hope the creator benefits from the public awareness. How often do people know who creates the avatars on the SL home page?

The end result is a thread that, with a few exceptions, served the greater good. I see that as a positive.

When i saw your post it produced just one  gut reaction, "Is she nuts?"   To me that is not thought provoking because I didn't even have to think about my reply.

Bottom line is that you deliberately worded the question to be provocative and mislead people to think that you had a problem with the avatar, when in fact your ulterior motive was to shamelessly promote a friend.

Suspiria Finucane wrote:

Amethyst Jetaime wrote:

Suspiria Finucane wrote:

This thread has brought the creator of the avatar into the discussion and I, for one, am grateful. Strawberry and I are connected on many social media outlets advancing SL awareness. The avatar is very well done creatively and some people have gained knowledge from the conversation. I truly hope the creator benefits from the public awareness.
How often do people know who creates the avatars on the SL home page?

How often?  Well, in nearly 100% of the cases since LL has been posting such photos, the name(s) of the avatar(s) featured in the photo is on the bottom of the photo.  One instance where this was not the case is when my photo appeared on the home page.

Venus Petrov wrote:

Suspiria Finucane wrote:

Amethyst Jetaime wrote:

Suspiria Finucane wrote:

This thread has brought the creator of the avatar into the discussion and I, for one, am grateful. Strawberry and I are connected on many social media outlets advancing SL awareness. The avatar is very well done creatively and some people have gained knowledge from the conversation. I truly hope the creator benefits from the public awareness.
How often do people know who creates the avatars on the SL home page?

How often?  Well, in nearly 100% of the cases since LL has been posting such photos, the name(s) of the avatar(s) featured in the photo is on the bottom of the photo.  One instance where this was not the case is when my photo appeared on the home page.

That brought back such a memory. The old home page did used to have a long row of unnamed avatars, none of whom were credited, but were all meant to show prospective new residents the diversity of our community. 

Linden Lab, if you remember, were calling out for videos from the community last year or maybe even the year before that, and they still feature (I think) somewhere on the website, just to give prospective residents even more inspiration.

I like that they credited people for their efforts. It gave me the impression that Linden Lab did actually consider us to be individuals who all had the ability to contribute to Second Life in some way, or to enjoy the fruits of other people's labours at least.   

Suspiria Finucane wrote:

Amethyst Jetaime wrote:

A forum is designed to inspire conversation.
This topic, however thought provoking, did just that, regardless of how some may have perceived it.

But your OP above on this forum has less characters and wording than a simple tweet.  Toward this end, it certainly was not thought provoking--so it didn't do just that.  

PS Your PS makes no sense.

Incorrect (just for a change) lol.

I commented on the pictures after the very ordinary ones you *loved.

If you check all of your avatars chat records you will fiind this is indeed correct.

You could also look at the title of this thread as I thought it was about the very photos you commented

endlessly upon.

Wut? Like.jpg

Amethyst Jetaime wrote:

Suspiria Finucane wrote:

Amethyst Jetaime wrote:

Suspiria Finucane wrote:

When i saw your post it produced just
one
  gut reaction, "Is she nuts?"   To me that is not thought provoking because I didn't even have to think about my reply.

Bottom line is that you deliberately worded the question to be provocative and mislead people to think that you had a problem with the avatar, when in fact your ulterior motive was to shamelessly promote a friend.

Your fallacious assumptions are based solely on conjectural malice. Your most unidiomatic conclusion about promoting a friend is grasping for straws at best.

I posted a reply to you thinking civility was the prevalent doctrine, it won’t happen again.

Suspiria Finucane wrote:

Amethyst Jetaime wrote:

Suspiria Finucane wrote:

Amethyst Jetaime wrote:

Suspiria Finucane wrote:

When i saw your post it produced just
one
  gut reaction, "Is she nuts?"   To me that is not thought provoking because I didn't even have to think about my reply.

Your fallacious assumptions are based solely on conjectural malice. Your most unidiomatic conclusion about promoting a friend is grasping for straws at best.

I posted a reply to you thinking civility was the prevalent doctrine, it won’t happen again.

There was no assumption on my part or conjecture, let alone malice.  I asked a simple question about your point in asking the question in your OP.  If it were only about trying to stimulate thought provoking discussion, you would have just said that. But you also said what I have highlighted in green above without any disclaimer or comment that promoting your friend was not part of the reason.

I stated my understanding of the facts based on your answer and an opinion of them.  I was civil about it.  You just are objecting to my conclusion and opinion.  You should learn to write more clearly if you don't want people to misunderstand you and you should not post here if you object to people disagreeing with your opinion or actions based on what you yourself write. 

So this is what the old "lively' forum was like? Pep, et al. versus Suspiria, et al?

Pep?

Versus

Suspiria?

Must have been.... veeeryyyy.... interezzzzzzz*whistle*zzzzzzzzzzzzzz*whistle*zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz*snort*

Great, now I've got those little square marks on my forehead.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4048 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.