No imagination neccessary....

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4048 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Being a whiny old cranky woman, I thought I'd get to join in with a nice bout of complaining about todays girls and their lack of something or other, but no.....I tried to be offended but just couldn't. This is a very pretty picture, especially with the the plumpy buttocks created in Photoshop. I can't get those with any sliders, as LL insists we all have boney wierdie arses when we bend over even a teesy bit.

Never bend over naked.

toes.JPG

Tiffy Vella wrote:

Being a whiny old cranky woman, I thought I'd get to join in with a nice bout of complaining about todays girls and their lack of something or other, but no.....I tried to be offended but just couldn't. This is a very pretty picture, especially with the the
plumpy buttocks created in Photoshop
. I can't get those with any sliders, as LL insists we all have boney wierdie arses when we bend over even a teesy bit.

Never bend over naked.

Interesting point about Photoshop.  Notice the toes.  Prim or Mesh feet?  We'd have to get Strawberry to explain how this picture was done.  I'm not an expert of feet, but while helping friends shop for feet I dont recall even on Mesh feet seeing toes that could be 'spread.' (I could of course be wrong about that and I don't mean to take Strawberry to task about the image.  It just gets curioser)

Since you guys were wondering, I thought I'd share a raw shot of the picture, with no photoshop:

http://grabilla.com/03314-8eeb085f-a48e-4ba3-aa94-ce9562793a12.png

Also yes, those are the SLink mesh feet, all of my style credits to that image are available on my blog here:

http://strawberrysingh.com/2013/02/20/secondlife-com-spring

And I'm not always half naked, sometimes I wear more clothes. :D 

Thanks to everyone for appreciating the pic! <3

I was wondering if somehow you'd photoshopped the arch on that foot but I see by your original you didn't; they actually look like that. To be honest I thought that kicked-up bare foot was what really 'sold' the pic. Does that make me a foot fetishist?

I've been resisting prim feet but I may have to re-think that. Those are very nice.

Amethyst Jetaime wrote:

Suspiria Finucane wrote:

PS I didn't know modesty was the topic here.

Then what was your point in asking the question? 

Yes, please do enlighten us, Sus.

You start a thread that (by my reading) implies that the avatar in question should "cover up" and "leave something to the imagination".

But modesty isn't an issue...

So what is?

Dillon Levenque wrote:

I was wondering if somehow you'd photoshopped the arch on that foot but I see by your original you didn't; they actually look like that. To be honest I thought that kicked-up bare foot was what really 'sold' the pic. Does that make me a foot fetishist?

I've been resisting prim feet but I may have to re-think that. Those are very nice.

Hi Dillon....All the ones I have seen offer two different kinds of barefeet...flat footed and ones that kind of look like you're on tip-toes.  I believe the tip toed ones have the defined arch :)

Strawberry Singh wrote:

Since you guys were wondering, I thought I'd share a raw shot of the picture, with no photoshop:

Also yes, those are the SLink mesh feet, all of my style credits to that image are available on my blog here:

And I'm not always half naked, sometimes I wear more clothes.
:D

Thank you very much for posting.  It is a lovely image.

But moving forward, and I know Strawberry that this is not your responsibilty or doing, but is it ethical or right for LL to use a Photoshopped Image for "advertising?"  Or is this another case of Marbles In The Soup?

Strawberry Singh wrote:

And I'm not always half naked, sometimes I wear more clothes.
:D

Sometimes I wear less, Strawberry. Like two bird's nests and a pocketwatch.

And I am forever thankful to you for finding the hair I've been wearing for nearly two years. I don't look as quite as good as you did modeling it, but that was never my intention. It's as me as I've ever seen.

;-)

A very nice picture and a very nicely designed avatar.

Speaking of modesty, I'm still wondering about Suspiria's problem here,
this pic would fly without problems on UK or German TV before the watershed time
(21:00 in the UK, 22:00 in Germany).
Would be interesting, where she has been born/raised or is living today,
that may shed a light on the reasons for the thread.

Perrie Juran wrote:

Interesting point about Photoshop.  Notice the toes.  Prim or Mesh feet?  We'd have to get Strawberry to explain how this picture was done.  I'm not an expert of feet, but while helping friends shop for feet I dont recall even on Mesh feet seeing toes that could be 'spread.'

Those are rigged mesh feet.  Being rigged, they move, bend and rotate exactly like avatar's own feet do (whereas sculpted feet and non-rigged mesf feet are stiff and cannot bend like that).  In certain pose avatar's foot bends to the position as seen Strawberry's picture, rigged mesh foot will do the same bending action.

Here's a sample video of flat rigged mesh feet:

Griffin Ceawlin wrote:

Willow Danube wrote:

Whether they admit it or not, they've missed you.

Who are "they" and do they know that you're speaking for them?

Griffin Ceawlin : Member of the infamous Forum "Hit Squad," though still "awaiting confirmation."  

Seems confirmation has been established by Willow. Or are you not here joined by others to have a blast at a possible turkey shoot ? :robotindifferent:

The scanty nature of the image is the last thing that bothers me about it.

While they have begun to add the 'token colored' to somewhere a few clicks in on a slideshow that does not autoplay so many never even know... the first slide still seems to be a whites only playground - even when it has more than one person on it.

But the outfit, I find playful and almost conservative in the style of bikini fairy.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4048 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.