How may I distribute an updated item via Magic Box?

Majatek

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4047 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have recently updated a product that has garnered a total of 800+ purchases with the Magic Box system (I will be migrating to Direct Delivery soon, but this is not my primary concern for the moment), but I need to somehow figure out how to distribute the update, free of charge to all my customers that have already bought the item without manually going through my receipts and jotting down the name of each customer.

No, the item was not in a scripted box to start off, so I can't just flip a "switch", so I need to find another way to do this, but I have no idea how.

Thanks for any help.

Use https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/ArtiZan-Postmaster-Online-Delivery-Mail-Server/1365664

Just drop in the new version and copy/paste in your list of names from MP sales history (download the CSV and you can just sort and copy the whole column) and send.

(Note - my own product made precisely for this purpose. Shameless self-promotion maybe but it's the best solution to your problem so *shrug* :)

You can mail them all by hand, comment on something you see in thier profile (if able to see it) and just do so many a day. Sounds crazy, but might be fun. I might be doing this myself soon lol. The boxes are quicker and work for those profiles you can't see.

There are also update scripts out there that you can put in your objects. They do save time, they work on rez and you must watch for instructions because the free script based ones (or simlar coding) mean that the server must be never drezed if you move it you attache it to your hand and drop it to the ground at the new place and always pray it is not returned or breaks) so be careful if you choose one of those for the future. Not all are like that though, some are tied to a external server (simlar to what the mailer boxes use for name2key services, they use a website to store info and register in world sending servers ect) so...yeah, read up on those!

Poenald Palen wrote:

You can mail them all by hand, comment on something you see in thier profile (if able to see it) and just do so many a day. Sounds crazy, but might be fun. I might be doing this myself soon lol. The boxes are quicker and work for those profiles you can't see. 

For 800+ customers? Even if you do say 20 a day, that would take 40 days ... You're kidding right?

Poenald Palen wrote:

There are also update scripts out there that you can put in your objects. They do save time, they work on rez and you must watch for instructions because the free script based ones (or similar coding) mean that the server must be never drezed if you move it you attache it to your hand and drop it to the ground at the new place and always pray it is not returned or breaks) so be careful if you choose one of those for the future. Not all are like that though, some are tied to a external server (simlar to what the mailer boxes use for name2key services, they use a website to store info and register in world sending servers ect) so...yeah, read up on those!

That means the scripts would need to be put in to the already existing boxes. Maybe an idea for future items but not a solution as for updating existing items.

I followed this thread because I'm also interested in a way to efficiently send updates and unless you already have an existing update system, I think what Zanara suggest above seem to be very efficient and smart solution.

I never thought of exporting the transaction history and use it like that, but seems to me like a great solution.

Best would of course be if they added some more features to the marketplace for us merchants, like bulk redeliver ... but that is I think a very rebellious and futuristic idea ;)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4047 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.