Sign in to follow this  
FluffyTheBimbo Swallowtail

Best premium collar

Hi all.  I'm relatively new here and have been learning alot.  I have been fortunate enough to find a fun partner and we have been using the Tokon system.  As we may explore further, I would like to gather some opinions about what is the best collar system.  I've learned a little about Lulus's and Mo Design.  

Any and all insights are greatly appreciated. 

Thank you

Fluffy

Best is, of course, entirely relative. I like Open Collar (but I probably wouldn't call them "the best").

I'm mostly posting this so I remember to check this thread again later; I've been looking for a good new collar system ^_^

I've had a few over the years but tend to stick with Open Collar as well; not because of the features but because it seems most people are using it and it's a cinch to remember the menus.

There are a few plugins on the Marketplace that expand OC's capability too, some of which seem kind of "interesting".

I would suggest checking out the Dark Elf Manufacture collars, made by Chloe1982 Constantine and sold from both Think Kink at Pirandello Bay and the SL Marketplace.

There's a wide range of designs, and the scripts are of particular interest because they're based on Dari Caldwell's old collar (which was, when she was maintaining it, in my view the best collar in SL).

On features: I do like the idea of a Keep Quiet / 'Speak When Spoken To' plugin.  There used to be a BAP/Amethyst plugin that forced the submissive to talk every minute or so (which would be an even worse punishment to most introverts :smileytongue: ).

Mars rings and RF cuffs have proximity sensors that either make you a mannequin (or not) if other avatars are nearby, which is also somewhat fun.  If there was a collar that did this and other fun ideas I think it would be a great toy. 

...but it's still my opinion that a collar just has to lock and offer a few useful, everyday features -- the rest of the relationship is about intimacy and devotion, not so much a particular collar brand's bells and whistles.

Hi again and thank you for the information.  After readnig some more about a few different options, and chatting with others, it seems that the Lulucollar has been most highly spoken of.  And, in my original post, I may not have spoken correctly.  While I was asking about the best collar, I perhaps should have expanded that to say the best collar and Owner's HUD as a combo.  And, again, best is certainly relative.

The feedback that I have gotten on the Lulu was that it was 'not for the faint of heart.'  Which, for me, is a good thing.  :)  I've also read that Mo Design has a pretty well respected set up too.

So, again, all of your guidance is appreciated and any further comments would be as well.

Have a great day and see in inworld.

Just wanted to point out that collars are, among other things, a specialized form of server-side Animation Override, and hence can much benefit from the new scripting functions for AOs expected to be available grid-wide very soon. I guess, from the standpoint of selecting a collar today, that consideration might argue for waiting to invest in a premiium collar until it's known which creators make best use of the new functionality, or perhaps to select a creator with a reputation for continuing to keep up with new technical advances.

as Inula says, DEM works well. Great product line, great support.

As an alternative, Xanimations sell a range of collars using the excellent CollarDB fork of Opencollar for scripts, or you can get a package in world to update any Opencollar scripted collar to ColladDB. DEM have a similar option for sale, but I can't vouch for it working as I've never tried that avenue.