Migration...why does it have to be so buggy??

Julie Rascon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4056 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Okay, I watched the video tutorial, read all the information here and there, and finally migrated my stuff. Not sure why but suddenly I have over a hundred 'unassociated inventory items'. Okay, I will just delete those. Click the boxes, and select delete and i get "So sorry to keep you waiting. We'll be right back! We've been notified about this issue and we'll take a look at it shortly. Continue shopping"

Hmmm..... try it again and again and again and get the same message. Okay, maybe I need to delete EACH ONE individually, and yay that works but only half the time, when it fails I get the message above. This means I have to follow the link back to marketplace homepage, click to merchant homepage, then manage inventory.

Okay Linden Labs, this is TOO MUCH WORK! Why can't your system work? Why do I have to delet these things individually, and even that fails half the time?

I am really loosing patience with Second Life and in the past several months I hardly log on anymore...

Julie

I got a zillion error messages too when I migrated, and I had to re-activate each of mine individually, half the time getting that keep shopping error.  It took me a good 5-6 hours of working straight to get about 300 items moved.  ugh!!!  just take a lot of deep breaths and a few shots of whiskey might not hurt either.  lol

Julie Rascon wrote:

Okay Linden Labs, this is TOO MUCH WORK! Why can't your system work? Why do I have to delet these things individually, and even that fails half the time?

I am really loosing patience with Second Life and in the past several months I hardly log on anymore...

Julie

I'm happy you got it to work because at least it indicates you're doing something to maintain your store.

Many of us active merchants and customers would be hoping that many inactive merchants will simply give up and go away. Because 'hardly logging in anymore' is not really someone I would want to buy from. It makes me think I may have to wait days or forever if I needed support.

Now I'm not saying that this describes you. You may jump inworld promptly at the call for help. But there are many merchants who don't. 

So the fact that it took a bit of effort to get your store functioning again is a good thing. And it's a good thing that it might be 'TOO MUCH WORK' for those who couldn't be bothered.

Miss Julie

If the items in your "Unassociated" are the old magic box listings that have been replaced by your direct delivery, delete your magic boxes from inworld, log into the old Xstreet website (go to your Merchant Home page, click "Magic Box Status," click "Cancel" on the pop-up you'll receive telling you that Xstreet is closed) look at the bottom at "Registered Servers," force delete each one, then log back into your regular Merchant Home and click "Manage Listings."  Then click "Sync Marketplace with Magic Boxes."  Once that completes, give the system a few mintues to update and all those hundreds of unassociated items will disappear.  

You do NOT have to spend hours deleting them one at a time.  

Good luck!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4056 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.