Who thinks I lost the L$?

Paul Hexem

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4054 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So, last week we had those delivery failures. I still have two items undelivered. Support keeps closing the ticket and saying there's nothing they can do until the delivery is complete. I even tried contacting the merchant. No answer.

Think those items will remain undelivered and unrefunded forever?

What I don't get is the message that is tacked on to undelivered items that says, in part:

This item is queued for delivery. Merchants cannot redeliver the item at this time, and have not been paid. If the item is not delivered within 8 hours after purchase, you will automatically receive a refund to your account.

(Bolding mine)

I mean, why even state this if it doesn't happen?  Especially the 8 hours/automatic part.

The Marketplace Team is continuing to work on addressing those orders in the "Being Delivered" state. The steps to correct this are taking longer than anticipated

Ya think?

This is the reply I got to my ticket. I got it on March 14th. I purchased 2 items on March 9th. It's now um March 16th.  

A week and I'm still waiting on a refund?!

LL has the worst customer service of any company I have ever dealt with in my entire life.  They should be ashamed. 

I would say you will get your money back eventually. 

Personally I feel you should be able to cancel an undelivered item for an immediate refund.  It does not even seem hard.  You can do it everywhere else.   If your Amazon order soes not deliver Amazon refunds it.  

If you need this item now and can not wait weeks for it (and you shouldn't)  at the least you could have your L$ back (within the 8 hours stated) so you can buy it from somewhere that delivers.  I guess thier 5% is worth more than providing the services paid for.  Really how hard could it be to deliver the items if you are a LInden?

So, I got fed up and called my credit card company today. I've been issued a refund for the L$ purchased for that marketplace order.

Likely my CC company just shrugged it off and paid me themselves. That's kind of disappointing, since it doesn't get LL to get off their asses, but at least now it's not costing me anything.

Gadget Portal wrote:

So, I got fed up and called my credit card company today. I've been issued a refund for the L$ purchased for that marketplace order.

Likely my CC company just shrugged it off and paid me themselves. That's kind of disappointing, since it doesn't get LL to get off their asses, but at least now it's not costing me anything.

You are right, they shrugged it off.  It's cheaper for them to do that than to have something go into dispute resolution.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4054 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.