Seems to be server issues today

Trin1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4052 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Logging in takes twice as long as normal and inventory is mucking up.

Cannot derez object due to inventory fault. when trying to pick something up.
Cannot create requested inventory. when trying to wear clothing.

Trin1 wrote:

Logging in takes twice as long as normal and inventory is mucking up.

Cannot derez object due to inventory fault. when trying to pick something up.

Cannot create requested inventory. when trying to wear clothing.

Not for me. Plus there is nothing about that on the grid status. Clear your cache (not from outside SL but just in the viewer should be enough), quit and relog to a quiet place (Smith, Pooley, Hatton or Aich) and let your inventory fully repopulate without moving, see if that gets you fixed. 

Trin1 wrote:

It seems to have passed.

There is always something popping up "unscheduled" so grid status doesn't help a lot unless it's a planned event.

Are you sure it wasn't your Internet having a hic up?

Did you run a speed and ping test before jumping to the conclusion it was SL?

Could your computer have been downloading an automatic upgrade in the back ground?

At the risk of being shot down, the "cannot create requested inventory" error is seemingly more frequent with the

"threaded rez" update.

Both that and the "Cannot derez object" issues are down to inadequate communication between the sim servers and the central inventory server ( source Linden Lab).

Excessive pingtimes indicating slow connections make it worse but do not, in themselves, cause it.

Ayesha Askham wrote:

At the risk of being shot down, the "cannot create requested inventory" error is seemingly more frequent with the

"threaded rez" update.

Both that and the "Cannot derez object" issues are down to inadequate communication between the sim servers and the central inventory server ( source Linden Lab).

Excessive pingtimes indicating slow connections make it worse but do not, in themselves, cause it.

Outside of the threaded rez issue, even though it is an internal error server error, outside of there being a larger server problem, a relog always fixes the issue for me.

Perrie

You may well find that occurs since it will refresh the database contact with your account.  It does not change the matter of the database/server being messed up and losing contact with many inventory items and accounts. :smileyfrustrated:

There are some (in my acquaintance), for whom relogging does not solve or improve the issue.  These accounts have been seeing this issue for some time intermittently, and are now seeing the issue a good deal more frequently.

One factor may make such issues more likely; the increased latency necessarily extant for UK and European accounts.

Oh, and for what it's worth, no, they are not my alts: I do not have any. :smileytongue:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4052 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.