Special People

Staralien

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4051 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I think everyone has known someone at one time or another that has that magical spark. They walk into the room and the whole room lights up. Not just for one person in the room, but for everyone there. They always have a ready smile, a thoughtfulness about them that is so deep it is absolutely natural for them. Everyone loves them and loves being around them. They seem to know everyone and treat everyone like they are their best friend. They never seem unhappy and are always positive. Being around them is so wonderful and such a joy, you hate it when they go.

Usually you see this or notice this after they have become an adult. I am blessed to have a seven year old in my life whom I knew was special, but thought I may be biased. Last week I went to her open house at school (where you get to see all they have been working on, their class room, and meet with the teacher) and the child seemed to know everyone. Smiles and hugs for everyone! I was in awe of this child, how she seemed to light up the whole school with her presence. It will be interesting to see the kind of person she becomes as she already has an amazing personality.

I have a friend that is like this as well. She is so sweet and caring and truly the most personable person I know. She has the best personality and it is always so much fun being with her. I feel it makes me a better person just by knowing her.

Who do you know that is like this?

Ok, I have to chime in here. I have three friends in SL who fall into this category. They are my inspiration, my confidants, my raison d'être. My heart lifts whenever I see one or more of them log in. I treasure their ellipses. They listen to me and I listen to them. In my every interaction with them, I feel I receive gold for giving silver.

They are special to me.

Staralien wrote:

I think everyone has known someone at one time or another that has that magical spark. They walk into the room and the whole room lights up. Not just for one person in the room, but for
everyone
there. ....
Everyone
loves them and loves being around them. ... Being around them is so wonderful and such a joy,
you
hate it when they go.

Speak for yourself.

Misfit21 wrote:

is it you? sounds interesting enough to meet

No, no not me. I stick my foot in my mouth too much and get grumpy when someone speaks too loudly before my first cup of coffee in the morning. I don't have a shining personality and I am far too shy in crowds to make friends easily. I am good at conversation on a one on one basis, but in a crowd I become terrified and everything I know or have learned flies right out of my head. My tongue grows to twice its size and I end up looking like an idiot. I am talking about people that have that magic spark that no one in their right minds can ever say an unkind word about and everyone but ogres like them. :matte-motes-smile:

I want to echo what I said in the other 'nice people' discussion.

I think it is good to, every so often, privately send someone a message or tell them why you like or admire them, what you find in them that is good, etc. Just off the cuff and from the heart. So often, we wait until too late, or we only say those things if it is a romantic interest, or we only confront with something negative or bad. Why not confront with something good. Why not tell our friends or even acquaintances at least once, what we see in them that is good. You never know, maybe they didn't know it about themselves. Maybe that day they needed cheering up.

I don't know if it's right for everyone but I think it's a good thing to do. Life is short.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4051 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.