I am looking for sincere friends how does one find this type of friend?

lizbeth2u

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4053 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello

After finding I do not fit into most SL communities, will anyone offer advice on how to find

Sincere friends. I am at a loss to know where to seek this type of personalitie. As I am  finding only

Those that seek self gratification. In other words, think only of their own needs. I care deeply about

People and wish to help others, not just focus on my own needs. 

Thank you,

Elizabeth

6 answers to this question

Finding sincere friends in SL is just about as tricky as finding them in RL.  I suggest looking for groups that may share some of your interests (sports, church, literature, music, .... ) and visiting sims where those people are likely to hang out.  It's not easy, but this is life, after all. Just be patient and open your heart to new possibilites as you search the familiar.  When I joined years ago, I was very lucky to wander into a library where a small knot of friendly people were talking about books they had read recently.  I'm not a librarian, but I joined their group and have been with them for 6 years now.  I know other people who have found friendship in church groups, in Role Play, and through building and scripting activities.

• Like 1

Hi elizabeth,

I think it is absolutely wonderful that you are a genuine person and love to help people. As with rl people on sl can also be selfish. However there are many people who are just as real as can be. Do not let anyone push you over and keep in mind that for a lot of people sl is an escape. Therefore they may act differently from what they do in real life. You will find genuine people in sl and sometimes they even become your family members. Keep trying keep your head up and theres always the remove button:)

• Like 1

Keep looking hun, it takes awhile because there are alot of wierd people on sl but not everyone is like that. Its great that you are a genuine person! Keep your head up, maybe if you dont have one get a sl job helping people. Those who really appreciate you are the ones you want as friends.:heart:

lizbeth2u wrote:

Hello

After finding I do not fit into most SL communities, will anyone offer advice on how to find

Sincere friends. I am at a loss to know where to seek this type of personalitie. As I am  finding only

Those that seek self gratification. In other words, think only of their own needs. I care deeply about

People and wish to help others, not just focus on my own needs. 

Thank you,

Elizabeth

• Like 1

If you like helping people, try joining one of the in world helper groups, like Caledon Oxbridge University, White Tiger Mentors, or NCI.  Not only will you have a chance to help others, but many of the people in these groups are genuine, caring types like yourself.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4053 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.