Sign in to follow this  
KarenMichelle Lane

To the SL Answers Staff - New Post Ghost Posts Question

Question

Did we all get promoted (or hired)?  I mean I've never been addressed as staff here in Answers.  :)

But to your question.  Yes, I have seen that phenomenon a couple times before (well, maybe only one time that I can remember).  I spent a few minutes looking in all the permalinks for that phantom post.........never found it.  I wrote it off to someone posting something (possibly as a permalink comment) and then came back and deleted it.  That was my guess anyway.

• Like 1

20 answers to this question

Did we all get promoted (or hired)?  I mean I've never been addressed as staff here in Answers.  :)

But to your question.  Yes, I have seen that phenomenon a couple times before (well, maybe only one time that I can remember).  I spent a few minutes looking in all the permalinks for that phantom post.........never found it.  I wrote it off to someone posting something (possibly as a permalink comment) and then came back and deleted it.  That was my guess anyway.

• Like 1

That explanation makes sense. As to the "volunteer staff" reference, all of YOU have made me feel like one of the gang and it has a definite flavor of family with a common sense of mission. :) P.S. All of you just walked into SL Answers and picked up a pencil and just got started helping. So I guess we are all self-employed non-compensated staff.  Here's yourCookie raise!

So far this seems like the best explanation. I'm going to test this theory by making a comment and then deleting it in the morning.!

Darn, Yup- It's not deleted comments :( The new theory is that they are unpublished drafts. Who is testing that one. As the thread originator I can't post a reply other than a comment in the  permalinks which don't "draft"!

I'll try it..........not holding out  much hope though. 

It's mystery, I tell ya.  :)

Oh sh**, how do you test this draft thing?  If I post it, it's not a draft.

Phooey.  :(

the draft thing appears in your forum account. idk how it works but it seems that if you dont post right away what you writed, even if you post finally, its autosaved in the draft thing. idk how.. but i have often things in my draft... posts i have posted but prob that i took more time for posting them...and i guess the thread list is still counting them as normal posts while they are only ghosted, bec its the autosaved copy and not the post itself

as un exemple, i just checked my draft box, and the post i posted in the answer part (the first one, is saved in my draft, althought i have already posted it.. so i guess it is counted in the "new " column , but cant be seen a second time)

So what we think we have is a Draft from someone unknown on that original post that has never been posted and that person has also never revisited the topic of discussion?

not forcely not sent. some posts appears in my draft as autosaved even after i have posted them... its just an autosave that keep in the draft box... so i guess it the only logic explaination...

i have one, in my draft, that i posted, but still in my draft, for this thread.. so maybe we see here one in the list that its not appearing in the thread ?