What would cause a money transaction from not going through on a particular region?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2866 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

This week when hosting a regular music  event on one of my regions, ALL money transactions made from that region were not going through.... via a tip jar, or directly to the performer (profile or pie menu) or venue .. Money was not taken out of the account of the giver nor deposited to the recipients account.  Scripts were turned on.  I had restarted the region before the event..  In order to pay the performer I had to go to another region and pay via their profile.

I have never experienced or heard of this before in my 5 years.  After I restarted the sim ... after the event ... all was back to normal again.

Has anyone ever experienced this and/or know what might cause it?  

Tymus

I have only seen this issue on a fairly heavily loaded sim on Magnum RC channel, during a busy event (30 plus avs on the scene).  That sim is typically heavily script-loaded anyway, but when the number of avs on the sim gets about 30, a lot of the scripted functions do not work, since script-run drops below ~30%.

When those conditions pertain (popular events), frequently I see the pay to avatar option not open, and scripted items such as tipjars will not work.

Whether this really is just server-load or not I don't know, but I suspect that a lot of this is down to how the server deals with current calls made to it.

I'd be shot down in flames if I suggested that the situation had been made worse by dynamic pathfinding, and of course no one knows yet what effect server-side baking calls will have.

I've actually experienced this problem before in my mainsland sim. I was the only one in the region and tried to transfer money to another account and wasn't able to. I changed regions was was able to transfer money without an issue....to test further I went back to my region and the problem existed. Having the region restarted fixed the issue but it does happen. My instance happened several days after a new server update rollout on LeTigre.

So I guess it does happen from time to time but no real explaination about it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2866 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.