DD sucks

Porky Gorky

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4056 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've finished migrating one of my accounts to DD 5 days ago. The account has the most listings, close to 1500. 

In a 5 day period the account has had more failed deliveries using DD than I've had in 8 years of using MB's!

So why exactly are LL forcing us to adopt this inferior delivery process again? The only benefit I have seen so far is that the orders that actually manage to get delivered, do so a bit faster. whoopty-doo

Beyond that, the whole process seems to be a mitigated disaster from my perspective. I feel now my best option is to edit each listing, putting a disclaimer in large bold print at the top explaining how there is less than 50% chance that your purchased item will be delivered via the marketplace and advising all customers to make their purchase inworld. 

Does anyone know if this is against the listing guidelines?

I newer had anny problems with failed drliveries on DD.

You can advise your customers what ewer you want but saying there is 50% chance it wont be delivered if they buy on MP is bit an owerkill!

Failed&delayed deliveries are a glich in system that LL fixed on on 12th this month so you shouldnt have problems in future!

Min Barzane wrote:

You can advise your customers what ewer you want but saying there is 50% chance it wont be delivered if they buy on MP is bit an owerkill!

It's hardly overkill when I have the data to back up the statement. It's the truth. In fact I was being generous. In 5 days of running DD I have experienced over 60% failure rate on deliveries.

Yeah I removed old MB's from both sites.

Being active on the forums I have seen all the problems that other merchants have had over the past year so I assumed I had the knowledge to manage a smooth migration and resolve any issues. But I am stumped on this one, and the people answering my support tickets are about as much use as a one legged man at an arse kicking competition,

Hi Porky :)

I too have had some failed deliveries, though nothing like the percentage you have suffered - that does suck!

Since the deadline for Magic Boxes was announced, I have noticed more failed or partially failed deliveries - I expect that may be to do with the workload on the servers as people are rushing to migrate. Hopefully things will settle down again...

From reading the forums and listening into merchants' chat I have the impression that for some people DD is more fraught with problems than for others - but I have never heard anyone trying to explain why that is...

Hope things improve soon for you.

I think they may just be something going on in the last week, I don't think it's an overall general thing that has anything to do with DD exactly. I can't remember the last time I've had a failed delivery and I've been on it since about 2-3 weeks after it launched. It's fast and reliable for me. however, in the last week I have ordered several things from other merchants that have failed delivery. One is a merchant I've bought from before and I'm fairly sure is DD based on previous purchases and the other is still using MB. but both failed. So I wouldn't say one is superior over the other, but 2 in one weekend is pretty rare for me, so I thnk maybe something was going wonky with deliveries overall this past week.

I have had the grand total of 3 failures in the last 21 months.  only one of them was from a multiple order.  The only interesting thing about them is all three failures were for items 350l or less.

now I only have around 300 items but still, I'm shocked by how little I've been hit with this as usually you can guarantee that if something bad goes wrong I'm somehow hit.

I can only think that your sales are so frequent that the server can't process all the delivery requests against your items and is dropping them. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4056 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.