The Nicest Person on the Forums

Staralien

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4025 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Treasure Ballinger wrote:

That was surely taken at the Cartel hangout, see the sofas and table with the kitty, in the background.  You were lovely, Phil.  :matte-motes-sunglasses-3:

In that case, it's not the original, but no matter. As you said, I look positively lovely, as long as I'm in pink undies, of course :D

Maureen Boccaccio wrote:

Yes, that pic was at the Forum Cartel Hangout - and I believe that's HoneyBear Lilliehook standing next to you.

The pink is flattering to your skin tone.
:P

Sorry for the thread derail.   Carry on! 
:)

That Honeybear? I was quite friendly with her for a while - only friendly, I hasten to add.

But why carry on with the htread's topic when we've hit on a very good topic :D

/me wonders if Phil's undies are copy/trans, he could send me a set.  :smileyvery-happy:

I probably still have them and they are probably copy/trans, or at least trans. I could do a private fitting for you if you like :D

You popped up on my screen the other day :)

Yes I was in your store trying to get a LM for a new resident; and wasn't smart enough to figure out why you didn't allow LM's in the store; finally it dawned on me you have a LM giver right in front of my face.......so yeah I was there and mission finally accomplished. 

I thought anyone could get an LM anywhere in the store (anywhere on the land). I think that was an option I could turn on and off but I don't see anywhere to turn it on. Any ideas?

Phil Deakins wrote:

Yes I was in your store trying to get a LM for a new resident; and wasn't smart enough to figure out why you didn't allow LM's in the store; finally it dawned on me you have a LM giver right in front of my face.......so yeah I was there and mission finally accomplished. 

I thought anyone could get an LM anywhere in the store (anywhere on the land). I think that was an option I could turn on and off but I don't see anywhere to turn it on. Any ideas?

I had a whole durned thread AND a JIRA (to get the function reinstated) on this but can't find either now.

The ability to 'restrict create LM' was in Viewer 1.  It was not included in Viewer 2 or after.  Whether or not that was intentional I don't know but my belief is that it was an oversight.

The oddball thing at the time was this.  Someone using a V1 based Viewer could restrict 'Create LM."  Someone using a V1 based viewer would not be able to create one .  However, anyone using a V2 or later based Viewer could create a LM even if the restriction was set.

eta for clarity

Sorry to re-rail this wonderfully off topic thread :smileysad: I just wanted to stick in my opinion on the nicest peoples here. There are so many of you I can't pick! So many of you have helped me since I started that I'm gonna agree with 16 and say it feels like family here (even if I'm the creepy lurky cousin) 

Perrie Juran wrote:

The ability to 'restrict create LM' was in Viewer 1.  It was not included in Viewer 2 or after.  Whether or not that was intentional I don't know but my belief is that it was an oversight.

It was intentional. The old LL source repository is long gone, but there was series of commits for the never-released 1.24 viewer (it morphed into 2.0) explaining that landmark permissions were going away.  This was part of the changes that brought in the places floater with landmark and history tabs.

So is it not now possible to get a landmark on land that's open to the public? If it's not possible, I need to scatter more LM givers around the store as (I think) there's only one. From the posts, it sounds like creating a landmark should be on for all land.

ETA: I've just been to a couple of open places and I can get a landmark in them. So I wonder why my land didn't allow it for Treasure. I've never set it to disallow LMs. I wonder if a few people would pop over and try to get an LM and post if you can get one without using the LM giver:- http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Seymour/192/118/251

Cerise Sorbet wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

It was intentional. The old LL source repository is long gone, but there was series of commits for the never-released 1.24 viewer (it morphed into 2.0) explaining that landmark permissions were going away.  This was part of the changes that brought in the places floater with landmark and history tabs.

Thanks. 

I still can't find my thread...it was about a year ago.

What my tests showed was at least at that time was that the function still existed on the Server and affected people who were using a V1 based Viewer.

@Phil    I just checked and the ability to restrict Create Landmark still exists in Phoenix 1.5.2.  I don't have 1.6 installed so can't speak for it.

I didn't go through all the testing again, but it may be that if you have Create Landmark unchecked in About Land/ Options, that people using a V1 based Viewer may not be able to create one.

eta...i just checked and was able to create LM at Phil's place with 1.5.2.   He did not show the ability restricted in About Land.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4025 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.